• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Manhattan Sales Alert!!

RSN125

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
LS Men's Clothing Do a search on this forum for LS and Izzy for more information.

+1

I have always had great success there...nice amount of fabrics, and Izzy will do his best to accomodate special requests...prices are good.
I remember my first HF MTM suit had some fit issues and everything was fixed ...less problems there then at some similiar shops.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by taxgenius69
Thought that was exempt from tax.
confused.gif

Has been before; I assume that I could have spoken to a manager and got it worked out, but I'm not so concerned over $1.68.

Beckwith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did the Hickey Freeman sale happen yet? Lost my Soiffer card, and had not seen much in the way of discussions.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Beckwith
Did the Hickey Freeman sale happen yet? Lost my Soiffer card, and had not seen much in the way of discussions.

Yup, Chorse and I went today.

PhiloVance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes, I also passed through the HF sale this afternoon. Not sure if the prices dropped again, but I picked up a camel colored wool raglan overcoat for $300 from $1200. And two of the Bobby Jones baseball caps with the golfer logo (cream and black) - - I have become obsessed with those for some reason
blush.gif

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I found a DB tweed polo coat that I loved but it was tent-like.
mad.gif

Charlie

Reaction score
I picked up another Madison sportcoat (my third so far) for $200 and a pair of slacks for 100. I was really tempted to pick up two Madison suits for 1100 (which is a good deal for me, considering the limited availability of HF extra-longs at discount - thanks again ebay and SF sellers!), but its a tough year for my industry, and suits will have to wait for when the market comes back.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Staff USA Sample Sale
495 BROADWAY, 8TH FLOOR
BETWEEN SPRING AND BROOME STREET

MAISON MARTIN MARGIELA
SOPHIA KOKOSALAKI
DSQUARED

WEDNESDAY MAY 7th: 10AM TO 7PM

1 DAY only - FRIENDS AND FAMILY - please feel free to invite your friends!

CREDIT CARDS ARE ACCEPTED!

palladio211

Reaction score
Does anyone remember when Bergdorf Men's store usually holds their summer sale?

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pal Zileri Showroom Sample sale
May 5-14
M-F 10-5
29 West 57 Street, 7th floor (Between 5-6 Avenues)

I went earlier today and it appears similar to the sale in the fall, prices fairly high at about 30% off retail and items are not marked with prices, this being a showroom.

Some interesting shoes, some a bit fashion forward, most appear to be made by Campanile and a decent deal at $250-$300. Most shoes are in size EU42 which in Campanile sizing translates to US 9.5, IMHO.

Ties (around $75), scarves, jackets, shirts ($150-ish), suits, some outerwear, belts Most shirts are size 16, while outwear is mostly EU52, I believe. A bunch of items from the Sartoriale line at a slight premium.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dmax
Pal Zileri Showroom Sample sale
May 5-14
M-F 10-5
29 West 57 Street, 7th floor (Between 5-6 Avenues)

I went earlier today and it appears similar to the sale in the fall, prices fairly high at about 30% off retail and items are not marked with prices, this being a showroom.

I hate that.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lutfa
The Bergdorf sale I was told will be in June.

3rd Floor is the last week of May and then it starts to work its way down to 2nd and 1st floor in June.

blackplatano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
3rd Floor is the last week of May and then it starts to work its way down to 2nd and 1st floor in June.

So when will suits be on sale and what brands/prices should we expect?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads