• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
Get Smart, that belt is nice. Is that 1 3/4 or 2 inches (or more) wide?

It's a tad wider than 2", doesnt fit into some of my jean belt loops

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Diesel striped sweater
Nudie Finn
Red Wing wingtip chelsea boot
J. Crew "GetSmartxWhodini" sock

5608picsk7.jpg

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Diesel striped sweater
Nudie Finn
Red Wing wingtip chelsea boot
J. Crew "GetSmartxWhodini" sock

5608picsk7.jpg

Holy **** those boots. When did they come out?

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Johnny_5
Holy **** those boots. When did they come out?

No idea. I saw them on Cultizm....tried to order my RedWing size 7.5 but the cart said it wasnt in stock. I emailed Cult asking if they were going to restock and got a reply that said "no, what they have is all they will ever have"....so I took a chance and ordered the size 7 figuring it'd fit albeit a bit tight.....but when I got my email confirmation Cult said they were shipping me the 7.5 (he'd put together my email request with the actual order), which is what I got and fit perfect. Great service from those guys..it's amazing that you get your stuff from Germany in 2 days and the boots only incurred a $20 shipping charge for FedEx intl 2 day. I saw these boots on a different German e-site selling for 270 EUROS, which is like $400 (they were $220 shipped from Cultizm)

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Ray-Ban
Colombian moto jacket
Jantzen
CK tie
Korchmar bag
5EP LDB
Brando
IMG_1612.jpg

quote function is acting up, so

braid, this is one of the rare times I dig the very slim/skinny jeans. Well done.

Smart, I like it until the sweater. I don't think horizontal stripes are EVER a good idea, and in the current era the assumption will just be that you are a hipster douche. Fuckin' sweet boots, though.

coulomb, nice use of shorts and an extremely well-fitted S/S button-up. I really like this.

matt I really like the shirt and the way it rolls up - is there a button to hold it like that or something? Also, nice loafers - cordovan?

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
^^Liking it. Those 5EPs fit pretty much perfectly.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Augusto86

Smart, I like it until the sweater. I don't think horizontal stripes are EVER a good idea, and in the current era the assumption will just be that you are a hipster douche. Fuckin' sweet boots, though.

I don't get this association at all - hipster douches wear sweaters like that? Not around here.

The LDB's look nice though.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
I don't get this association at all - hipster douches wear sweaters like that? Not around here.

+1, that sweater doesn't give me that association at all.

maclovin

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
+1, that sweater doesn't give me that association at all.

Dearest Right Honourable Saucier,

Please consider how the douche caller is dressed. Long hair, leather jacket, tie, unbuttoned shirt, etc. I think you get the point. While often it is said that it takes one to know one, the appropriate comment here is "know thyself."

I remain,

Mac

Augusto86

Reaction score
Sauce & Baron (& Smart) It's not that the sweater is inherently douchey, but that - at least where I live - the indie/emo hipster look involves a lot of horizontally striped sweaters and cardigans. Not that Smart's is really the indie style - for one thing, he isn't a 90 lb. white guy with swept forward bangs. He actually looks more like a sailor. But I still don't like horizontal stripes, and at least the people I hang with would associate such a sweater with emo kids

maclovin, I don't normally attack forum members personally. But you're a ******* twat with a used-up catchphrase for a handle, a ****** attitude and a sack full of hot air and bafflingly pea-brained assumptions.

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jason, I love the jeans with the shoes. Looking sharp as always.

Augusto, your bag looks similar to mine. I like the look of your brando's too. Seems they are aging nicely.

Originally Posted by FormulaQ
really random question braidkid- did you get that w+h hoodie from ebay?

No, I bought the hoodie from steven alan last Fall.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Originally Posted by datasupa
The stacking could use some work.

That'll take care of itself eventually--IIRC the jeans are still relatively new. Mostly I think it's a perfect fit for what those jeans are supposed to be--a little more relaxed in the lower leg, falling nicely over larger shoes without an extreme bootcut. They look very nearly straight leg. If you're gonna do bootcut jeans, I think that's how you do it.

apocalypse later

Reaction score
Braid, I've seen you wearing a few t's from Isis, Jesu, Explosions in the Sky, etc. Where do you get them from?

Augusto86

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
That'll take care of itself eventually--IIRC the jeans are still relatively new. Mostly I think it's a perfect fit for what those jeans are supposed to be--a little more relaxed in the lower leg, falling nicely over larger shoes without an extreme bootcut. They look very nearly straight leg. If you're gonna do bootcut jeans, I think that's how you do it.

Exactly, yeah. They also sometimes get caught on the little side buckles of the Brandos and fall funny. Plus the stiffness means they don't fall so naturally.

Originally Posted by braidkid
Jason, I love the jeans with the shoes. Looking sharp as always.

Augusto, your bag looks similar to mine. I like the look of your brando's too. Seems they are aging nicely.

No, I bought the hoodie from steven alan last Fall.

Thanks! I love my Brandos - just spent yesterday polishing them up after a long weekend of rain and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads