• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Z Zegna: Thoughts

armylog

Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on Z Zegna as compared to the normal Zegna, with regards to suits and sport coats. Wait.. I'm sure you all have thoughts!

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fused and made in Mexico. I know a few SF members, however, like the fit.

academe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^

There was a discussion of the different Zegna lines a little while back; you might trying looking for that thread in the archives.

dagenham

Reaction score
It is geared to a younger customer, more fashion forward, trimmer fits, etc. It is made in a Zegna factory located in Mexico, but it's also about a third less than the mainline ($995 - $1200 for a suit compared to $3000 for EZ). It's not a question of comparison, but what you are looking for in terms of fit and style. You will find a lot of similarities in fabrics because both lines are made with Zegna's own fabrics. They take more risk with fabric composition in the Z line.

As for fit, the jackets have a higher armhole, suppressed waist, and are cut shorter. There are two styles, City fit and Drop 8, with the latter being the slimmest of the two. The City Fit is in between the mainline and Drop 8 in regards to fit. All of the pants are flat front.

neyus

Reaction score
As others have said Z Zegna is fused and made in Mexico. The fabrics and styling is quite nice. But it doesnt quite have the same feel as mainline Zegna (Sartorial or Couture) or whatever they call it now. I did see a few weeks ago some Z Zegna coats that featured a very soft almost unpadded shoulder and if not for the price I would have bought one. I think these coats are denoted by the words "light" just under the Z Zegna label.

jsherman02

Reaction score
I am not the biggest fan of the Z. line..however I also noticed that many of my E. Zegna items are also made all over Eurpoe...NOT ITALY.
fight[1].gif

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I purchased a houndstooth sport jacket at a heavy discount last Christmas and I'm happy with it, considering the price. I don't think its something I'd ever want to pay full-price for. Someone also mentioned the shoulders have little padding, this is very true, I don't think mine has any at all, but the fit is great overall. Although I should mention that the fit is a bit small, I purchased a 36 in Z Zegna and it fits exactly like a Puprle Label cotton sport coat in 38.

mikej77

Reaction score
I have two Z Zegna suits. I think that if you can get them on sale, I got them at a Bloomingdales 40 percent off, they are worth it if you like the fit.

dagenham

Reaction score
Z does have a softer construction than the main line as previously mentioned. There is also a "Light Fit" which is deconstructed with no shoulder padding and usually unlined.

The Ermenegildo Zegna line is fantastic and a great brand. The Z line fits me better, it's more modern, and more my speed. I don't compare the two, other than the similarity in fabric.

rjmaiorano

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A bad purchase at full retail, a decent purchase at steep discount.

As 'slim' suits go, I am still pretty disappointed in the cut. The jacket was pretty full and needed quite a nip to get good suppression.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjmaiorano
A bad purchase at full retail, a decent purchase at steep discount.

As 'slim' suits go, I am still pretty disappointed in the cut. The jacket was pretty full and needed quite a nip to get good suppression.

If you're looking a slim-fitting suits at that full-retail price point, it's probably as good as or slightly better than any other options out there.

The False Prophet

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought one a while ago, ridiculously long coat but otherwise a decent fit and seemed like nice quality and construction.

However, after drycleaning, it's looking like crap, the fabric wore very poorly and the fusing hasn't come out well either.

I'd give it a miss.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads