• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

New high-end shoe store in NYC: Leffot

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
In late June and early July, I'll be in NYC, London and Paris.

Uh oh!

I'll say!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I hope the buyers are skilled, because between Weston, Aubercy, Corthay and Artioli, they could have the ugliest stock of shoes in the known universe.

valejo

Reaction score
Maybe they will also host support group meetings there.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I hope the buyers are skilled, because between Weston, Aubercy, Corthay and Artioli, they could have the ugliest stock of shoes in the known universe.

You do bitchy a lot better when you're trying less hard. Put on those rose-colored glasses and smile!!!!

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
You do bitchy a lot better when you're trying less hard. Put on those rose-colored glasses and smile!!!!
Well, it is true. You could stock those four lines and have fantastic stuff. The Corthay they sell at Arny's is great, Weston makes some terrific shoes and Artioli even does some nice versions of the classic lightweight Italian shoe. Aubercy is difficult. On the other hand, you could end up with pointy Westons with rose broguing, fluorescent Corthays, pimpy Artiolis and multi colored Aubercys. With something like Green, you really can't go wrong. That makes the buyer less important in the scheme of things. With the above, or a lot of other good makers, you can really **** things up. My rose colored glasses are now blue. There is no happiness left.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
With something like Green, you really can't go wrong.

I never thought I would see you post anything like this.
confused.gif

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I never thought I would see you post anything like this.
confused.gif

They aren't my favorite shoes in the world, but they don't make a lot of dogs. I might be bitter because they seem to fit me badly.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
What's your problem with Aubercy?
laugh.gif

auberpro2.jpg

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
They aren't my favorite shoes in the world, but they don't make a lot of dogs. I might be bitter because they seem to fit me badly.

As justifications for bitterness go, that is a fairly good one.

- B

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
What's your problem with Aubercy?
laugh.gif

auberpro2.jpg

I really hope they don't have anything like this....I've only seen the blake stitched Aubercy in Japan, but I understand that they have goodyear also, no?

ET - You'll get another shot at the Wilfrid.

StockwellDay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Urban Daddy:

b627a7599c34e7bf41a0508e1ef07158.jpg

The Buffet of the Sole
One-Stop Shopping For Exclusive Men's Shoes

UrbanDaddy - Leffot

No matter the economy's direction, a gentleman knows that certain things are always a prudent investment. Perhaps chief among these: a superlative pair of dress shoes.

Of the same mind is Leffot, a high-end men's shoe boutique opening today where a Christopher Street toy store used to be (no, not that kind of toy store). This store has a formidable purpose"”it aims to be your one-stop shop for some of the world's best men's shoes, side by side, all in one place and at your disposal.

Owner Steven Taffel offers a knowledgeable but unpretentious approach to some very serious gear. He's hand-picked just over a half-dozen of the world's best shoemakers and assembled their work on a solid ash table in the center of the dark, stylish store"”so you have the rare opportunity to hold an Edward Green in one hand and a Pierre Corthay in the other, and compare a Church's English with an Artioli (trust us, that's a good thing). Even better, Leffot offers shoes available for the first time on this side of the Atlantic from acclaimed makers Aubercy and Gaziano & Girling.

And if none of the above is special enough for you, you can work with Steven to create your own customized pair (come on, you know you want to).

After all, economic cycles come and go, but you only have one pair of feet.

Leffot, 10 Christopher St (between Gay St and Greenwich Ave), 212-989-4577

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With Wall St. salaries going down, opening this store is a gutsy move.

Maybe he's hoping the lawyers will pick up the slack?

Anyway, I'll be in NYC later this week and will try to swing by. I'll report back if I make it

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
With Wall St. salaries going down, opening this store is a gutsy move.

Maybe he's hoping the lawyers will pick up the slack?

Lord knows the entire clothing industry relies upon those two professions!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads