• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

This Week's Shoe Damage #26 (Give em the Boot)

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
John Lobb Prestige Brooklands, dark brown museum, 8000 last, bootmaker sole

EG Nevis, dark oak, 606 last, double leather sole

EG Galway, edwardian, 202 last, double leather sole

C&J for Peal Monk Boot, dark brown calf, double leather sole

C&J for Peal City Boot, Ginger suede, dainite sole

EG for RLPL Parson, mink suede, 89 last

C&J for RL Marlow, cigar shell cordovan

luk-cha

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
sweet!! congrat's on the new editions to the family!

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Love the Nevis in particular.

What happened to the Scaforas you had on order?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Love the Nevis in particular. What happened to the Scaforas you had on order?
Thanks Eustace. I missed Paolo on his last visit to NY.
frown.gif
My suede double monk is ready as is the first prova for the seamless wholecut. I'll have to wait a few months now.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aportnoy
John Lobb Prestige Brooklands, dark brown museum, 8000 last, bootmaker sole
Have been wondering about a pair of JLP Brooklands, any chance of a picture of the famed bootmaker sole ... Could you say something about fitment vs EG 888 or 606, or even the older last used on the JLP William (not II). Thanks

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by speedster.8
Have been wondering about a pair of JLP Brooklands, any chance of a picture of the famed bootmaker sole ...
Could you say something about fitment vs EG 888 or 606, or even the older last used on the JLP William (not II).

Thanks

Will post an image of the sole later Speed. As for fit, in my experience, the 8000 is similar to the 888 or the C&J 337.

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
nice boots! Just in time for winter!
smile.gif

Fairy's don't think in seasons.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The EG Nevis and EG Galway do it for me. Both are beautiful, color and style.

Guess I like double soles on a boot.

And those speed lacers on the Galway are great too.

BTW; Like many I'm in awe of your spectacular shoe collection and get a real vicarious kick out of it. And I admire your success in business and your beautiful home in the suburbs.

Also, your wonderful wife and kids are a real blessing. You are a prototypical mensch.

But damn you Andrew, you're down to a 15.5" shirt. Now, I'm starting to get envious
laugh.gif

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Love the Galway and the Nevis.

I passed a few times on those Peal monk boots at good prices because I was unsure of the leather quality - it looks like corrected grain in some pictures. Can you comment on the leather?

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron
Love the Galway and the Nevis.

I passed a few times on those Peal monk boots at good prices because I was unsure of the leather quality - it looks like corrected grain in some pictures. Can you comment on the leather?

+1. They look much more "patent" on bb.com, but I like them in your pics. Do they appear to be corrected grain / how would you rate the leather quality?

aportnoy

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Baron

Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
+1. They look much more "patent" on bb.com, but I like them in your pics. Do they appear to be corrected grain / how would you rate the leather quality?

Fellas...I was worried about the shiny calf thing, too. I was pleasantly pleased when they arrived. They have a gloss but nothing more than a well shined shoe does. The leather, as far as I can tell, is full grain. I highly recommend them.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Your shoe collection is simply mind-boggling.

You should put them in a gallery and charge entry fees for viewing. You might even recoup your costs.... now there's a business model!
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads