• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mblova

Reaction score
I had a quick question: I was browsing this thread and saw that there was a watch similar to this
41K5TSKDCGL._SS400_.jpg
But made by Seiko. Does Seiko actually make this, and if they do, does this come in a slimmer version?

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Yes, Seiko does indeed make watches under the Lorus brand, as well as Alba, J.Springs, Credor (which is awesome, comparable to Grand Seikos) among others.

No idea on the second part of your question though. May be try a search for "Lorus" in TimeZone, WatchUSeek, and PMWF buying & selling sections?

Mblova

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whacked
^ Yes, Seiko does indeed make watches under the Lorus brand, as well as Alba, J.Springs, Credor (which is awesome, comparable to Grand Seikos) among others.

No idea on the second part of your question though. May be try a search for "Lorus" in TimeZone, WatchUSeek, and PMWF buying & selling sections?

thanks.

citoyen

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hkgweilo
DSC02449.jpg

or this when going more casual...

man! this is one of my favourite (useless) watches, i LOVE the hourhand, it is great. i once tried it on in a shop in vienna, and got very weak in the knees, when the lady told me the price.
bounce2.gif

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
1967 Omega Piepan Constellation. 18k pink gold. Custom alligator strap.
WAYWN134.jpg

hkgweilo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
1967 Omega Piepan Constellation. 18k pink gold. Custom alligator strap.
WAYWN134.jpg

WOW....what a classic. Love the crystal and the crown...really well matched. congrats on owning that beauty!

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here is my IWC blue dial chronograph puchased last month. I bought it from Armstrong Rockwell (in CT, a great guy BTW). Thanks SF for those who helped me on choosing the watch. The original thread is here

P1000099.jpg

P1000105.jpg

This is a vintage Omega I inherited from my father. And he inherited it from my grandfather. I posted a thread here some times ago seeking more information. Someone suggested it is a classic seamaster. I could not find any information from the vintage omega database based on the case number (#2647)

Anyway, I recently had this watch serviced. Luckily, the watch still has all the original omega guts except the crown. So, they replaced the crown, completely overhauled the movement, and polished and cleaned it up. I also replaced the watch strap, and got an original omega tang buckle from Ofrei.com. Here is the final result:

P1000301.jpg

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That IWC is a lovely watch, but the Omega (which is also beautiful) looks better on your wrist.

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
a guy from shanghai,

very nice IWC, however the first thing i noticed about it was that it's way too big for your wrist!

A Guy from Shanghai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
That IWC is a lovely watch, but the Omega (which is also beautiful) looks better on your wrist.

Originally Posted by stickonatree
a guy from shanghai,

very nice IWC, however the first thing i noticed about it was that it's way too big for your wrist!

Yes, my wrist size is pitiful (6.5")
frown.gif
compared to my height (5'10"). To be honest, I like 5001 even better, only after I tried it on myself...
musicboohoo[1].gif

Singular

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Guy from Shanghai
Yes, my wrist size is pitiful (6.5")
frown.gif
compared to my height (5'10"). To be honest, I like 5001 even better, only after I tried it on myself...
musicboohoo[1].gif

Well, I suffer from the same problem - 6' tall, 6.5" wrists...

...but it means that there is lotsa terribly nice vintage watches for almost no money that fits you great!
biggrin.gif

/M

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads