• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tangerine
Shalimar EdT.

Vanilla is the velvet glove that hides the cold, steely knuckles of bergamot and civet.

Was it Beaux who said "When I do vanilla I get Creme Bruleee, when Guerlain does vanilla he gets Shalimar". Must try that someday.

GIT btw is the only creed I really really like. The rest I can leave behind. I read that GIT and Cool Water had the same man behind both: Pierre Bourdon.

Today, a Polge creation: Chanel Antaeus. I'm speaking today - a presentation - and this is the scent that makes me stand a little straighter. Definitely a bit dated but masculine, fairly dry and warm and classic.

And Dopey's wearing English Fern today, unless it's raining.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Was it Beaux who said "When I do vanilla I get Creme Bruleee, when Guerlain does vanilla he gets Shalimar". Must try that someday.

GIT btw is the only creed I really really like. The rest I can leave behind. I read that GIT and Cool Water had the same man behind both: Pierre Bourdon.

Today, a Polge creation: Chanel Antaeus. I'm speaking today - a presentation - and this is the scent that makes me stand a little straighter. Definitely a bit dated but masculine, fairly dry and warm and classic.

And Dopey's wearing English Fern today, unless it's raining.

not raining

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
College age girls think every scent in the world smells like axe. I was using the rest of my Odeur 53 sample and some girl asked which axe scent that was since she didn't recognize the smell. I was just confused and just said it was something else. A friend of mine wears axe sometimes and i couldn't think of a scent further away from it than odeur 53
baldy[1].gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
not raining

Therefore English Fern. Kind of like for me, speaking/presentation = Antaeus

Originally Posted by chronoaug
College age girls think every scent in the world smells like axe. I was using the rest of my Odeur 53 sample and some girl asked which axe scent that was since she didn't recognize the smell. I was just confused and just said it was something else. A friend of mine wears axe sometimes and i couldn't think of a scent further away from it than odeur 53
baldy[1].gif

Puts the ***** in habituation.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Just got a bottle of Signoricci off of ebay and I'm wearing it for the first time. It's really very nice, but I think it's not so dissimilar from Eau Savage, so I'm not sure that one would need both. I don't wear this light Eau de Cologne style all that often, so maybe that's just me.

This also reminds me of Pour Monsieur.

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I gave A*Men another try and I'm afraid I'm done with it. I had my girlfriend buy my a bottle while she was in Vegas a few weeks ago having never smelled it before. I was aware of the polarized viewpoints on it, but never thought that it could possibly smell that bad. I've worn it probably about 10 times now and sprayed it maybe a total of 12 times. The bottle literally looks untouched and I still have the box and packaging materials. I know I shouldn't be asking this in this thread, but I really would like to get rid of this stuff and I'm not sure how. I've never sold anything online before and have no idea what my girlfriend paid for it. Advice? (I'm on Basenotes; would that be my best bet?) Edit: For the record, she hates it too.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I thought I'd posted here earlier but I think my computer balked at posting and flipped out before the message could take.

Today I treated myself to two sprays of Azuree, and gassed myself out of my office. I ended up changing my shirt at lunch and scrubbing away with a damp towel. Things settled down after that.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Burt's Bees Bay Rum, after a long day of projects.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads