• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ferrari 430 vs Lambo Gallardo

Mblova

Reaction score
f355. a beauty.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mblova
f355. a beauty.
The guy around the corner from my parents owned a Red F355 with yellowish-tan interior, I've always marveled at the design of that car...consequently he used it as a daily driver, up until the day he traded it in for a Maserati GT coupe (something I'd never do).

Serg

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Southern-Nupe
That was kind of my take on the cars as well.

Not to knock AWD, but I still believe RWD is best for exotics/super exotics.

Nissan GTR is proving that AWD is the choice for max performence.... The special edition evo version was apparently tested faster than a carrea GT in the ring. If that is true then it is just plain amazing.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Serg
Nissan GTR is proving that AWD is the choice for max performence.... The special edition evo version was apparently tested faster than a carrea GT in the ring. If that is true then it is just plain amazing.

Source?

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Serg
I wouldn't necessarily say the choice for max performance, but I do agree the GTR has definately proven that AWD systems can compete against RWD supercars.

However, if I was looking (or could afford) an AWD exotic, I would likely choose a 911 TT, or Audi R8 (especially with the rumored v12 diesel).

As for Ferrari vs Lambo....it depends on what you're seeking;

If you want the better performer, you would likely choose the Ferrari.

If you're seeking more presence and flash, then the G-car is likely the best bet.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Road & Track magazine I believe.

Best I could find from a search, an article on the upcoming '09 GT-R:

Originally Posted by Road & Track
In fact, GT-R project chief, Kazutoshi Mizuno, says that the GT-R lapped the famed North Course at the Nürburgring faster than the Porsche 911 Turbo.

And from another article, unknown source but posted on Worldcarfans.com:

The Nissan GT-R development team has made another run at the Nürburgring record books this morning--and the Porsche 911 Turbo is no longer its target. Sources intimately familiar with Nissan's latest test sessions inform us that the group is now gunning to beat the Porsche Carrera GT--a remarkably lofty goal considering that that Walter Röhrl reportedly piloted a Carrera GT around the 'Ring in 7 minutes 28 seconds. Another Carrera GT, driven by Horst von Saurma, managed a lap time of 7:32.

Our sources tell us that, thus far, the Nissan has fallen short of the Carrera GT's record-time, but not by much. Our mole tells us that some wet sections of the track slowed them down, and that with optimum track conditions, some heroic driving could still reel in the Porsche Supercar. Nissan reps would not divulge any specific lap times, but they hinted that something under 7:35 may have been achieved. Regardless, it's clear that Nissan's goal of overtaking the 911 Turbo has been achieved in a big way.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Source?
I know,

Some are skeptical about the reported ring times. I've heard everything from the test mule running extra boost, to how the car was already accelerating prior to entering the track....

However, I read these discredited claims on 6speedonline.com......which the majority tends to be owners of Porsches, so there is a little bias.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian278
Best I could find from a search, an article on the upcoming '09 GT-R:

And from another article, unknown source but posted on Worldcarfans.com:

You're not going to get true results, until all the mags get a chance to run it through it's paces and place up against it's competitors.

Brian278

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're not going to get true results, until all the mags get a chance to run it through it's paces and place up against it's competitors.
Highly impressive for a $70,000 car nonetheless, assuming they were running something nearly identical to the production version. But if I'm spending that kind of money or more, I'm getting RWD, and it's probably going to be mid-engined as well. There is no more ideal configuration for a sports car, IMO.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never mind the Ring, the GT-R at Buttonwillow, a very technical track, totally dominates the Z06 and 997 Turbo:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6594

The most remarkable thing is that the GT-R was carrying 5 MPH more through the esses and the bus stop, which are two very technical, handling-oriented portions of the track:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...ct_OnTrack.pdf

(The bus stop is right in between Cotton Corners and Riverside.)

That is downright amazing given how much the GT-R weighs in comparison to the other two cars. Its lap time on street tires is comparable to BMW CCA race times on the same config, and they're running race tires. It would beat all stock cars, almost every prepared car, and keep up with the modified cars. That is seriously fast.

--Andre

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Audi R8 (especially with the rumored v12 diesel).

This would make the R8 the most exciting supercar since the F1 if only because it's such a radical change in engine concept from any other supercar, except I guess for the Tesla, except that car isn't practical.

--Andre

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
This would make the R8 the most exciting supercar since the F1 if only because it's such a radical change in engine concept from any other supercar, except I guess for the Tesla, except that car isn't practical.

--Andre

And have you seen the reported torque output numbers? 738 lb ft. that's rather ungodly. I'm not so much excited about the car, as I am about the difference in variation, from that of a typial supercar. While the majority of the world focus's on Porsche's and Ferrari's racing heritage (rightfully so), Audi has been silently taking the racing world by storm...especially in Lemans.

Southern-Nupe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Andre Yew
Never mind the Ring, the GT-R at Buttonwillow, a very technical track, totally dominates the Z06 and 997 Turbo:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6594

The most remarkable thing is that the GT-R was carrying 5 MPH more through the esses and the bus stop, which are two very technical, handling-oriented portions of the track:

http://www.roadandtrack.com/assets/d...ct_OnTrack.pdf

(The bus stop is right in between Cotton Corners and Riverside.)

That is downright amazing given how much the GT-R weighs in comparison to the other two cars. Its lap time on street tires is comparable to BMW CCA race times on the same config, and they're running race tires. It would beat all stock cars, almost every prepared car, and keep up with the modified cars. That is seriously fast.

--Andre

I remember reading the three-way tests, but I'm still lost as to how it's that capable....it's not just a little heavier, it's 400-600 lbs. more than it's competitors.

Regardless, the car is a technological marvel

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads