• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Do you feel you are intelligent?

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman

Which raises the question: "Are we all responding to the poll based on our strengths, while minimizing our weaknesses?" I know I did.
smile.gif

Good point. I'm a dumbass at a lot of things.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
While I think intelligence is rightly held in high regard, I still believe that wisdom supersedes it, and in wisdom lies true success.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
LOL, currently 18% rated themselves average or below (I rated myself below). The most common reply? Top 5% by a good margin (45% of respondents!)

This thread delivers.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
LOL, currently 18% rated themselves average or below (I rated myself below). The most common reply? Top 5% by a good margin (45% of respondents!)

This thread delivers.

+1. Everybody lied but me.
smile.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

This thread delivers.

Sorry if you're not smart enough to understand the complexity of this thread's statistics !

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I voted average. I have more insight than intelligence.

lost in va

Reaction score
I'm smart but until someone finds a cure for lazy I'll be unable to show it.

That being said, I'm above average.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Sorry if you're not smart enough to understand the complexity of this thread's statistics !

crackup[1].gif

thetieguy

Reaction score
People tell me I am smart but I don't feel that I am. I think that holds me back from going for better jobs because I don't feel I am smart. I have a degree from a good school, but don't feel I know as much as others do.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lost in va
I'm smart but until someone finds a cure for lazy I'll be unable to show it.

That being said, I'm above average.

I'm with you on that. I'm not a lazy person, but when I go through one of my depressed phases, I will not do a thing.

Jenaimarr

Reaction score
my academic credentials would say i'm intelligent (tested really high iq as a child, near-straight A high school student, near-perfect math scores on sat I/II/GRE, finishing up a ph.d), but in the company of my peers throughout all of my academic life, I've always had the constant nagging feeling of self doubt... that I was a dumbass since I never felt i understood anything. It was much easier regurgitating information so that you could feign intelligence.

has academic achievement translated to success in life? nope. I was just good at taking tests. As I got older, I realized I just rested on my laurels and skated by without ever learning any practical knowledge... which I equate with being a dumbass.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel dumber each passing year, and at a moreso rate during my SF "membership".

True story.

Mr T

Reaction score
I didn't vote. I don't get it.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are times when I feel that every around me is an idiot... so by the process of elimination I must be a genius.

lost in va

Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
There are times when I feel that every around me is an idiot... so by the process of elimination I must be a genius.
.....every......what?

Who's an idiot?
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads