• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, DC sales

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by elite123
Report from P-Mills yesterday - Saks Off 5th was picked through well - however I was able to snag a pair of brown Etro slacks and a Isaia striped shirt together for ~ 150 after 30%! Marshalls - nothing worth mentioning TJ Maxx - picked over - nothing RL Polo - bought a pair of Polo brown slacks on 75% discount, but nothing else worth mentioning. They haven't updated their clearance items in over 3 weeks. That's all I visited - hopefully some of you all did well this weekend
Those are the same stores I go to at Potomac Mills, with the addition of Nordstrom's Rack (where I usually have the most luck of all!)

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by WestIndianArchie
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...&Parent_Id=305
^^or this one

It might be this one. On the page there it says sale price 224, which is what these were, but then marked down again to 178.

Definitely no linen. I would have loved that.

Now that I think of it, they also had a rack of these quite heavy cotton-feeling herringbone suits. Think jungle safari suit or something. Pleated behind the shoulder blades like a shirt might be pleated. They were 40% off the $799 or so price.

b

WestIndianArchie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
It might be this one. On the page there it says sale price 224, which is what these were, but then marked down again to 178.

Now that I think of it, they also had a rack of these quite heavy cotton-feeling herringbone suits. Think jungle safari suit or something. Pleated behind the shoulder blades like a shirt might be pleated. They were 40% off the $799 or so price.

b

Haha, I bought that one last year I believe (in July). Wore it last week actually.

It's much heavier (and warmer) than I think it should be. But I guess they don't make suits out of "shirt cotton".

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808

b

yeah, i think i saw those last summer. did they come with a half belt in the back?

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
yeah, i think i saw those last summer. did they come with a half belt in the back?

Do you mean the cotton herringbone? If so, I'm afriad I didn't notice. I did notice that it felt nice, was an interesting look (in a good way) and that I thought it'd be hotter than hell for the summer.

In other news, the suit I did buy is a 346 line, cotton/poly blend, 3 button.

b

elite123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Those are the same stores I go to at Potomac Mills, with the addition of Nordstrom's Rack (where I usually have the most luck of all!)

Good call! I usually make a stop out to the NR, but focused more of my attention at Off 5th due to the discount and the fact I got there extremely late.

noVA99

Reaction score
did anyone score a good name brand suit or sportsjacket? I missed the last sale at Off 5th due to taking up other hobbies so I stayed away as to not get tempted
laugh.gif
but wanted to know if they had a good selection of Canalis or Zegnas in the slimmer sizes (40/42)

lmentop

Reaction score
Marshall's on 7 by tysons has a navy 2 button RLPL suit, size 40R, cuff buttons in the inside pocket.

$999 though!

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lmentop
Marshall's on 7 by tysons has a navy 2 button RLPL suit, size 40R, cuff buttons in the inside pocket.

$999 though!

you can get better deals at the RL outlets.

I actually saw a nice Corneliani SC (42R) at that same Marshalls. Price was around $400, IIRC. They occasionally get some good stuff but Marshall's is more likely to correctly price something rather than let something "slip through the cracks" like TJMaxx does on multiple occassions.

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
I know you guys probably dont really like Nordstrom, but it pays the bills for me. Anyway the mens half yearly is coming up and I have the list for the shoes that will be 30% off. PM me or email me at [email protected] . I will tell you guys right now that a handgrade santoni will be offered in three colors for around $500.

minhi

Reaction score
hi, just a note, stopped by the barneys in mazza on saturday, the sale stuff is at 40% off, but it's pretty slim, a lot of theory stuff, a few marc jacobs things. jeans are on sale a few pair of nudie (mostly black or heavily washed) for $160 ish (IIRC), as well as some e.sewn, 7fam, coh, jeans. nothing really worth making the trip, sizes are really limited, i shop for smalls and i only found a few of those sizes (even counting stuff i was not interested in). other news, i live near the loehmanns on route 50 and visit regularly, i noticed a few pair of varvatos sunglasses ($75) and 1-2 pair of dior homme sunglasses ($100), the dior ones are a little over the top, very similiar to these at bluefly http://bluefly.com/pages/products/de...&Nu=Product+ID first time i've seen glasses at this end of the scale there, usually it's just armani, miu miu etc.

DuncanM

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HATORI HANZO
I know you guys probably dont really like Nordstrom,

Quite a few of us regular the half yearly mens sales there.

WestIndianArchie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by HATORI HANZO
I know you guys probably dont really like Nordstrom, but it pays the bills for me. Anyway the mens half yearly is coming up and I have the list for the shoes that will be 30% off. PM me or email me at [email protected] . I will tell you guys right now that a handgrade santoni will be offered in three colors for around $500.

When is it?

I could always use a new suit.

HATORI HANZO

Reaction score
The 13th of june. If anybody is coming for shoes or mens furnishings ask for Greg in mens shoes please. You guys can pre-shop and pay as soon as the mark-down hits in the system, which should be in the next few days.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anything happening?

I was going to hit the Conn Ave FB and BB and then the Mazza FB but didn't get around to it (long story).

b

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads