• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna Labels ID's for eBay purchasers (Graphic Intensive)

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zegnamtl
To the best of my knowledge, this is the current fabric tag and has been for a bout 5 or so years. I have not bought much new from Zegna in the last few years.

The box in the left defines the family group, the letter defines the fabric range.

Nice one, thanks for the information. Out of interest, on some of the labels I've noticed a + where the fabric range is. Have you any idea what this represents?

Thanks

Clint

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by distinctive
Very informative Z-man

Thanks D
laugh.gif
. I still haven't forgotten our deal. I promise that it will be soon mate.

Cheers

Clint

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great work! Very interesting! Thanks very much for putting this together...
smile.gif

nsoltz

Reaction score
One quick addition on fabric ranges as shown on fabric tags.

Beginning with the current winter 2007-08 line, Zegna is now using a numeric code rather than alpha. I have a Traveler Micronsphere suit which is labeled a fabric range 3 and I noted this as well this past week when looking at the new spring/summer line at NM.

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
Great work! Very interesting! Thanks very much for putting this together...
smile.gif

I'm glad that this thread has been of value. Many thanks.

Originally Posted by nsoltz
One quick addition on fabric ranges as shown on fabric tags.

Beginning with the current winter 2007-08 line, Zegna is now using a numeric code rather than alpha. I have a Traveler Micronsphere suit which is labeled a fabric range 3 and I noted this as well this past week when looking at the new spring/summer line at NM.

Very interesting news, thank you. Do you have any idea the spread of the range numeric code? Anything like Oxxford (from 1 to 6)?

Cheers

Clint

playdohh22

Reaction score

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by playdohh22
Good work Clint !

You should had posted this earlier, I've recently purchased a dated zegna jacket off eBay. Probably would have not, if I saw this. But thanks for the information anyway, hope it will come in handy in the future.

Thank you and sorry to hear. I have been thinking about doing something like this for a while, but I wasn't sure how comprehensive my knowledge about Zegna was. However, I was becoming saddened to see the proliferation of Old Zegna items being described as current season with the price from a current equivalent.

I sincerely hopes that this can be of use for the next Zegna you purchase.

Cheers

Clint

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Good thread. Seek and ye shall find!

Here is a Zegna label from a recent Dunhill suit, Made in Italy for Dunhill by Zegna.

Zegnalabels008.jpg

Zegnalabels007.jpg

Note the fabric code "P", and how the label differs from the other Zegna labels

nsoltz

Reaction score
Not entirely certain of the total numeric range of current Zegna line. Not really in the market to buy now so just gawk when walking through NM.

If I can find any more details, I'll post.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure label #15 is newer than #'s 13 and 14. #8 is found on older casual stuff, mostly outerwear. Re. the new contact label, I was under the impression that it doesn't quite go back 5 yrs, more like 2-3, but I could be mistaken.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
The current fabric tag is older than 2 or three years, but by how much I could not be certain. When did they do the big re-branding and launch Z-Zegna?

Seems like the end of 2003 or maybe spring 2004??

AcuraNSX

Reaction score
The_Foxx;1025898 said:
hey, this is great! thanks for posting, hope the new member who asked about Zegna items checks it out for more info.

Hi Foxx - I have definately noticed this thread and studied it a bit!

Cliftonf - thanks for taking the time to create this informative thread!

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
I'm pretty sure label #15 is newer than #'s 13 and 14. #8 is found on older casual stuff, mostly outerwear. Re. the new contact label, I was under the impression that it doesn't quite go back 5 yrs, more like 2-3, but I could be mistaken.

Hi, I'm not sure about the order of the labels that you mentioned. If you would like for me to change the order, then I'd gladly change it. If you could just confirm the order again.

Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads