• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pearls

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
keshi pink
Multi_Colored_Nugget_Pearl_Bracelet.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Aren't most pearls cultured now?

Do they even sell quality natural pearls anymore?

Yes, and yes. Natural pearls are incredibly rare though, and are incredibly expensive.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
A strand of natural 12mm South Sea from a non-designer house could easily cost you $50-$90k.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
keshi pink
Multi_Colored_Nugget_Pearl_Bracelet.jpg

I got a necklace and earring set of Keshi Pink for my gf last Christmas. Not an easy find, my mom actually found them for me in Lisbon. They weren't as expensive as I expected though. She doesn't care for plain white pearls, they wash out with her very light skin tone. I also bought Mikimoto Tahitian pearls the year before that, and the quality and look is top notch. I thought their white pearls were nice too.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Edit: From what I can tell, these are not so easy to find and the price range may be higher that what you gave. I will certainly be interested in looking at them if I can find a pair.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure they cost much more than that. SoCal, where did you get that price range from?
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
I got a necklace and earring set of Keshi Pink for my gf last Christmas. Not an easy find, my mom actually found them for me in Lisbon. They weren't as expensive as I expected though.
Keshi's can vary quite a bit in price as well, for the same reasons that regular pearl prices will vary.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If it was me picking out pearls for someone, I'd go with the smaller South Seas or Akoyas, in a natural color that would be suited to the person's skin tone.

I'm also sending you a PM in moment.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
I was talking about $50,000-$90,000 for a necklace.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I was talking about $50,000-$90,000 for a necklace.

holy ****.

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
Necro posting because I am interested in the same subject. i wonder what Concordia did.

I recently went to buy some pearl earrings for my daughter. A quick comparison showed me that the difference between Mikimoto and ordinary stuff is huge. The Mikimoto pearls are brighter and whiter and have more lustre. The difference to a goombah like me is obvious when you are looking for it. I was pretty amazed how obvious it is, even when worn, to women who know the difference. I didn't get to Tiffany, but the Mimimoto pearls were way nicer than the ones at Fortunoff.

Now to my question. Anyone have similar advice or information on colored pearls. I have been told that I am now interested in buying blue pearl studs (maybe black or pink). Any advice.

I too would be interested in more info on this.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads