• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailors in Paris?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
No. Their tailors and shirtmakers don't travel; they don't do bespoke outside Paris, but stock special shirts.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
One consideration is that (if you have to work for a living, like most of us) the time savings of being able to use a tailor in the same town you will be in likely cancels out anything you might gain by "hopping a cheap flight to Italy" multiple times for fittings and the like.

RJ, work should never get in the way of fittings. Relax, don a pair of colorful socks, and go over to Guyot's place tp hang out (while you're there please ask him to read his email).

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Will
RJ, work should never get in the way of fittings. Relax, don a pair of colorful socks, and go over to Guyot's place tp hang out (while you're there please ask him to read his email).
...better off hopping a cheap flight to Freedom...

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Given some developing work commitments, I expect to be in Paris quite often over the next 5-6 months. I'd like to take this opportunity to try out some bespoke artisans.

Fairly certain I'll give Delos or Aubercy a whirl, but would also like to order a bespoke suit. From what I've read Parisian tailors are very expensive, and I have no intention of paying 5,000 euros for a suit. Are there any good tailors in Paris in the 3,000-3,500 euro range?

ET

You make me sick! Joking, I wish my work commitments put me in such a position.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by whnay.
Charvet seems like a bargain compared to most. I wonder if they do fittings at BG when they come to visit NYC...

No. Their tailors and shirtmakers don't travel; they don't do bespoke outside Paris, but stock special shirts.

According to M. Colban they'll travel by private jet (so if you have one...)

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thank you RJ.

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When you walk into Charvet for shirts they hardly mention that they make suits.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Maybe it's for their "more advanced" clients.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Maybe it's for their "more advanced" clients.

Do you have to whip out your FNB membership card, and give them the secret handshake, before they take you up to the tailor?
smile.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Do you have to whip out your FNB membership card
That might get you the Balint treatment.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That might get you the Balint treatment.
There is not a Balint treatment, there might be only a bantoni one in the big wide open.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fritzl
There is not a Balint treatment, there might be only a bantoni one in the big wide open.

There goes fritz again, the most civil man alive, pleading for comity and honest disagreement.

Not only an asshole, but a hypocrite as well.

il vecchio

Reaction score
Anybody ever used Tailors Station in rue Jacob? Sur- mesure but looks quite expensive even so.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
There goes fritz again... ...Not only an asshole,

3:0

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you have to whip out your FNB membership card, and give them the secret handshake, before they take you up to the tailor?
smile.gif

No membership cards are necessary, everyone is welcome. Just make sure you leave those shoes by the door before you come in
wink.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads