• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) Ask a Question, Get an Answer - please ask all quick questions here

Status
Not open for further replies.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
call up frye first, some of their boots run .5 a size big. Here's the number:1-800-826-FRYE (3793)

mpcec

Reaction score
What is the best way to iron linen? I have a linen shirt that is wrinkled, but am apprehensive about ironing it because It's my first nice linen shirt, and I had to save up for a while to afford it.

So for someone who doesn't iron often, what is the best/ most fail safe method??

Pat

Reaction score
For Band of Outsiders, if I need a size down from an H&M small, what size should I get?

Sauwan

Reaction score
So I just picked up a pair of Johnson and Murphy at the local thrift shop 'cause they're in decent shape and they fit. But I have no idea what the hell to do with them. They're similar to these but look worn and the leather is quite a bit duller. I don't think polish is going to do much of anything due to the creasing (although I might give it a try) on the toe.

Any thoughts? Can something like this work on a casual level?

dhinggok

Reaction score
I usually wear a size 10.5 in Vans Slip ons. They fit comfortably, not snug. A 10 is snug and feels fine, but I prefer the 10.5. There is a pair of special edition vans that is only available in size 9 or 12. Would either be feasible to pull of without seriously damaging my foot and if so, which one would be better? Thanks folks.

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mpcec
What is the best way to iron linen? I have a linen shirt that is wrinkled, but am apprehensive about ironing it because It's my first nice linen shirt, and I had to save up for a while to afford it.

So for someone who doesn't iron often, what is the best/ most fail safe method??

wear it wrinkled. linen is meant to be worn like that. if you were to iron that shirt and wear it out, i don't think it will be giving off very good vibes. As I once read someone say (I think it was Armani? If not it was another wealthy european who has distinguished style), a good way to look as if you're rich (linen always had this kinda easy, carefree vibe to me that reminds me of the moneyed on vacation) is to wear a linen jacket and not give a damn whether or not it's wrinkled.

mpcec

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fade to Black
wear it wrinkled. linen is meant to be worn like that. if you were to iron that shirt and wear it out, i don't think it will be giving off very good vibes. As I once read someone say (I think it was Armani? If not it was another wealthy european who has distinguished style), a good way to look as if you're rich (linen always had this kinda easy, carefree vibe to me that reminds me of the moneyed on vacation) is to wear a linen jacket and not give a damn whether or not it's wrinkled.

The whole shirt isn't wrinkled though, just the bottem is really wrinkled and it curls out...

Jokerman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whats the best place to get Fitted button down that go good with jeans online for less then $100?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jokerman
Whats the best place to get Fitted Tee's that go good with jeans online for less then $100?

t-shirts for less than $100? You don't need to spend $100 to get good t-shirts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads