• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by contaygious
Why not? Can a Chrono not be a dress watch?

Not if you are sticking with "the Rules." If you like it and think it looks good, then yes.

contaygious

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
Dress watches are usually simple affairs with a leather strap. However, lots of people (myself included) wear sports watches with suits.

However that watch is way too busy and, dare I say, gaudy to be worn as a dress watch IMHO.

Did you see the corums on the last page? Compared to other waches in this thread such as corums, piguets, even rolexes; I don't find it that much more busy actually.

I'm just not a fan of leather straps because of their feel. I have nothing against the way they look.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zenith makes excellent in house movements that rival those of Patek and VC in terms of performance, minus the unnecessary decoration. In terms of mechanical reliability, I'd rate Zenith way up there! 36,000 BPH. I love this movement. The only down side is the lack of the timer second hack feature...but a lot of high-grade chrono movements have similar designs, various Lemanias for example.
what do you think of this zenith defy aero?
86.0516.4000-01.M517.jpg
86.0516.4000-21.M517.jpg
Is it a good buy for a dress/everyday watch? I'm loving the Brushed Solid 18K Rose Gold and don't like to wear leather bands personally.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^I think that is an intensely ugly watch.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did you see the corums on the last page? Compared to other waches in this thread such as corums, piguets, even rolexes; I don't find it that much more busy actually.
I see you didn't read the disclaimer.
lol8[1].gif

Originally Posted by 40kaas-nl
Since we seem to be discussing "ugly oversized sport watches"...
devil.gif

Originally Posted by Coho
Zenith makes excellent in house movements that rival those of Patek and VC in terms of performance, minus the unnecessary decoration. In terms of mechanical reliability, I'd rate Zenith way up there! 36,000 BPH. I love this movement. The only down side is the lack of the timer second hack feature...but a lot of high-grade chrono movements have similar designs, various Lemanias for example.

rolleyes.gif

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another reason Thierry Nataf should be fired...

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
what do you think of this zenith defy aero?
86.0516.4000-01.M517.jpg

86.0516.4000-21.M517.jpg

Is it a good buy for a dress/everyday watch? I'm loving the Brushed Solid 18K Rose Gold and don't like to wear leather bands personally.

Holy ****! No wonder Zenith doesn't get the respect they used to enjoy. Sorry I don't see this as one you could wear everyday, except maybe in a sitdown with Russian mobsters. And I don't care if it even has the best movement made, it just goes to show its not just the inside that matters.

MarkI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kinda new here, does anyone know anything about the swiss brand, "Lucien Piccard?"

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In person,that Zenith is not that bad.
teacha.gif

Would I spend my own money for it? Hell no.
tounge.gif

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm rather considering a vintage Rado Diastar. I'd wear it on a plain calf-strap instead of the metal bracelets they come on. I'm thinking Navy Blue though a grey ostrich might also look nice. No reptiles though.
super6.jpg

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^

So 70s
laugh.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Harris
^^I think that is an intensely ugly watch.
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
Another reason Thierry Nataf should be fired...
Originally Posted by acidicboy
Holy ****! No wonder Zenith doesn't get the respect they used to enjoy.
+1*3
Originally Posted by Coho
In person,that Zenith is not that bad.
teacha.gif

It's worse than that IMO. But arguing the aesthetic qualities of a watch is pointless - it's a matter of taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads