• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent purchases

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Tim Hamilton is garbage period.

Homi is smart for not buying tim's own line.

homi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

yeah i dont think tim hamilton is anything special, especially for the outrageous price-point

i just liked the shirt because of the club collar and contrasting colors..

the fit isnt great either, but for the price im happy

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wasn't Mr. Hamiliton having his own stuff made in China as well?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

Kids, don't believe jet's bullshit. This is a textbook technique he employs in cases that involve limited or highly sought-after clothing so as to distract them long enough so that can purchase (or to our new sufu tenants, "robocopzzz") them for himself. You're invited to browse his closet at any time if you don't believe me.
nbc_the_more_you_know.jpg

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by keykoo
Am I the only one that thinks that TH collab shirt is ugly as hell?

I actually like the 80s cocaine look for some reason. The sleeves are gigantic so i roll it up but it's fun for the price.

Homi- Where'd the find the washed apcs in 29? I was looking for a pair awhile back since my 31s are a bit big on me. PM me if they don't fit.

homi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
I actually like the 80s cocaine look for some reason. The sleeves are gigantic so i roll it up but it's fun for the price.

Homi- Where'd the find the washed apcs in 29? I was looking for a pair awhile back since my 31s are a bit big on me. PM me if they don't fit.

a friend of mine got em off sufu and he sold em to me after they didnt fit

they're kind of a natural/grey color i think they're from a year or two back

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet

hahaha this is hilarious.

I always get Tim Hamilton and Michael Bastian mixed up...i think i like Bastian's work better though, from what i can recall of it. I can see the Japanese loving Tim Hamilton's work...although I was at a Uniqlo in Tokyo, I asked if they had anything from this collaboration, the guy kept saying "Tim Ham? Tim Ham?" I wanted to laugh so bad...

Fade to Black

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by irishkid
im getting a johnny cupcakes tshirt (35 bucks)

graffitiguysthumb.jpg

holy **** that dude looks like a prepubescent Philip Seymour Hoffman the resemblance is uncanny.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
The Michael Bastian quality compared to Tim Hamilton is on a much higher scale; but, I do get somewhat pissed when I see a blatant Thom rip off by MB.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got a Filson Mackinaw vest after looking for the right one (and price) a year or so...
Now just hope it fits as I want.

front.jpg

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuperBobo
Finally got a Filson Mackinaw vest after looking for the right one (and price) a year or so...
Now just hope it fits as I want.

I've been meaning to pick one or two up as well (their flagship store is just down the street), but they seem to always move to the end of my to buy list. The recent ones seem to fit true to size, but the older vintages are different.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^lucky you. As Ive said before, If it was easily available to me, I´d be head to toe in Filson and LL bean.
I wouldnt mind having a dark green, or black/red buffalo mackinaw vest, or one of these http://www.filson.com/product/index....entPage=family

The one I got is recent, so I hope for the best. The measurment seems to be on the slim side, but Im a 44 and got a size 44, so I hope it works out. My main concern is that it´ll be too short.

WhoKnewI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up some grey Clark'sdesert boots, a few original penguin ties (no logo and nice and slim for 12 bucks a pop) some grey chucks, a Keith Harring t -hirt from Uniqlo, a PSP, and seasons 1-3 of The Office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads