• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Common Projects SS 08 (Hat0rs Unwelcome)

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nonn8tive
I dont understand this either, you would think that because they are a lot more popular now, with economies of scale (unless the materials they are using have gone up in price substantially) that they would be able to charge less or at least continue to stay in the same price range. At first I really wanted the desert boot, but after seeing side shots of it, I wasn't that impressed. I'll stick with my achilles for now, I really want to try those W & H sneakers. For me and fat feet, achilles arent all that comfortable so hopefully the padded insoles in the WH sneakers will make my work days a lot easier.

Well if they're made in Europe, the costs likely did go up simply because of the exchange rate. Regarding economies of scale, that would be true if CP was making enough shoes to meet demand, which they clearly aren't, because they want to keep prices artifically high by limiting supply in the interests of "exclusivity" Given that their other choice would probably be to sell out like Rag & Bone, it might not be a bad choice. That said, I think they could probably have released 50% more shoes and still sold them all at their asking price in their normal vendors, IIRC nearly all of the vendors only got one of each model in each size.

Fallen Angels

Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
so many people are like $300 for sneakers?

but i have 3 pairs and they are all some of the best looking/most comfortable shoes ever.

really??

i dunno man... i've owned 4-5 pairs of CP's (mids, lows, high tops, court shoes)... yeah, they look good in that simple minimalist way, but i would never say they are the "most comfortable shoes ever", that is such BS. whenever i walk around the city all day in a pair of CP's, my feet are hurtin by the end of the day. thats the sad but honest truth. i learned that the $300 u spend has nothing to do with comfort. i actually ended up selling most of mine.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fallen Angels
really??

i dunno man... i've owned 4-5 pairs of CP's (mids, lows, high tops, court shoes)... yeah, they look good in that simple minimalist way, but i would never say they are the "most comfortable shoes ever", that is such BS. whenever i walk around the city all day in a pair of CP's, my feet are hurtin by the end of the day. thats the sad but honest truth. i learned that the $300 u spend has nothing to do with comfort. i actually ended up selling most of mine.

I agree, adidas and new balances are more comfortable than these by far.

dylanmillerr

Reaction score
those dress shoes on revolve are like 100 dollars more than everywhere else i have seen them

Nonn8tive

Reaction score
Regarding economies of scale, that would be true if CP was making enough shoes to meet demand, which they clearly aren't, because they want to keep prices artifically high by limiting supply in the interests of "exclusivity"
hmmm i agree with you where they want to keep prices artificially high and keep their products limited and that the exchange rate is probably the main reason behind the increase in prices, but what I was trying to point out regardless if they are able to meet demand or not is that i am sure they are buying alot more material now than they did say in their first or second season of operations, so generally when you order more, your costs per unit tend to decrease.

People are still buying them at the new prices though....i was actually quite surprised...I thought most would try and wait for a sale or something.

but i would never say they are the "most comfortable shoes ever" , that is such BS.
I totally agree. I cant say the same for the high cut sneakers since i havent worn mine for an extended period yet......but the lows, they aren't horrible once you break them in, but even a cheap pair of runners are more comfortable.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
They actually take a while to break in. Mine weren't that comfortable to begin with but after a couple of months they're nice and cushy.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The thing is, they also have a lot more designs than they had during their first couple seasons... so that's going to increase the amount of labor/design hours. I think the reason they are being purchased lately is because the designs have evolved a bit. I made the argument a few seasons ago that the achilles looked like a stan smith, which it does. I own white achilles but end up wearing stan smiths more because they're more comfortable and look almost the same (except the CP are incrementally sleeker) but I didn't mind buying my CPs at 60% off. I bought a pair of perfs at 20% off because I thought they were pretty cool and different than other things on the market, and I think that's the main reason why people are buying them. If they basically re-released achilles but raised the price 30% I don't think that would fly.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
They actually take a while to break in. Mine weren't that comfortable to begin with but after a couple of months they're nice and cushy.

Yeah, I agree, they're comfortable once they're broken in, but they have less cushioning and padding than an athletic shoe and the toe is narrower so it's still not quite as comfortable, at least for me. Maybe someone with really really narrow feet would find them more comfortable but I kind of doubt it.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I have narrow feet and they're pretty comfy but it took several months for this particular pair, they take the longest out of any shoes I've ever had to break in. The court shoes are comfy out the box.

denimaddict

Reaction score
I just got my court shoes and they aren't quite so comfy for me. But I have wide feet, I where an E in proper shoes. They should be great in a couple of weeks though. When you pick them up you know that they are gonna be GREAT after broken in. Kinda like boat shoes...

denimaddict

Reaction score
Tobi has some in now. White, grey, and black desert boots. Some perfs. No court shoes.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
of course not as comfortable as some sneakers, but i look at them more like i would a pair of good shoes.

Yardsale

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I have narrow feet and they're pretty comfy but it took several months for this particular pair, they take the longest out of any shoes I've ever had to break in. The court shoes are comfy out the box.

Agreed, my court shoes are comfortable as hell
teacha.gif

Brian SD

Reaction score
The shape of the shoes is quite comfortable, the problem is the stiffness/stubbornness of the leather. Leather conditioner fixes that problem really quick.

Oxnard

Reaction score
I am starting to see my perfs break in pretty well, definitely more comfortable now then when I first bought them, mainly with the leather stretching out on the sides. I have decently big/wide feet, and the narrow soles can be kinda rough after a point, basically I wouldn't imagine trying to use these CPs for like anything athletic or anything straining, but thats just me. Still feelin pretty good about paying what I did for them, the leather really is very nice and supple and I love the way they are breaking in. Seems south willard got a restock in on some of the models as well if anyone is still looking.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads