• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Washington, DC sales

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JoeWoah
Ahem, I went to GU... but I know what you mean. That's why my girlfriend is an AU girl.

Oops oops, sorry. I meant "G-town students who are assholes," as distinguished from G-town students who are not assholes. Yes, that's what I meant.
blush.gif

b

abc123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
The first month that place is open is a scene I want to miss. Ugh. The number of rich G-town assholes that will be in there will be staggering.

edit: for clarification, I meant the G-town students, not residents of G-town, the neighborhood.

b

Oh please, the most obnoxious people on M/Wisconsin are the tourists/out of towners.

I may be biased, but I think the students are undeserving of this characterization (at least no more deserving than any other DC school).

noVA99

Reaction score
chicks who go to Catholic universities are the slutiest of all....I love G-town female college students
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by noVA99
chicks who go to Catholic universities are the slutiest of all....

plain.gif

WestIndianArchie

Reaction score
chicks who go to Catholic universities are the slutiest of all....I love G-town female college students
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif
bounce2.gif

*hangs out @ Colonel Brook's Tavern*
laugh.gif

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
chicks who go to Catholic University are the sluttiest of all...

fixed.
smile.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by abc123
Oh please, the most obnoxious people on M/Wisconsin are the tourists/out of towners.

I may be biased, but I think the students are undeserving of this characterization (at least no more deserving than any other DC school).

Chill out.

Those CUA girls are whores though. That's a joke abc123. See a joke. Hyperbole as joke. My wife went to CUA. Get over it.

b

abc123

Reaction score
Chill out.

Those CUA girls are whores though. That's a joke abc123. See a joke. Hyperbole as joke. My wife went to CUA. Get over it.

b

I failed to see the humor, but should do better to hold my tongue in the future. Perhaps that joke is no longer funny after the first 10^15 times of hearing something similar.

Anyways, I am chilled, over it, and like you, won't be going to the VV store opening
cheers.gif

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chill out. Those CUA girls are whores though. That's a joke abc123. See a joke. Hyperbole as joke. My wife went to CUA. Get over it. b
... but it is kinda true about CUA girls (the Sorority girls anyway), with the exception of your wife of course. I hang out at Kelly's Irish Times (The Times) here and there, I know from some experience. Now GWU girls, THAT'S where it's at. God bless Porters/Sign of the Whale/Lucky Bar/Frontpage/etc, but I really miss LuLu's, though I think I'm too old now if it was still around.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... but it is kinda true about CUA girls (the Sorority girls anyway), with the exception of your wife of course. I hang out at Kelly's Irish Times (The Times) here and there, I know from some experience.

Thanks for giving an exception for my wife!
laugh.gif
I actually no virtually nothing about CUA. My wife went for grad school at a later age. So she wasn't exactly hanging with the undergrads.

b

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
... but it is kinda true about CUA girls (the Sorority girls anyway), with the exception of your wife of course. I hang out at Kelly's Irish Times (The Times) here and there, I know from some experience.

Now GWU girls, THAT'S where it's at. God bless Porters/Sign of the Whale/Lucky Bar/Frontpage/etc, but I really miss LuLu's, though I think I'm too old now if it was still around.

+1 on GWU girls. I went to AU and graduated in the mid to late 90s and while they were solid, GWU and GMU were, imo, the best.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
+1 on GWU girls. I went to AU and graduated in the mid to late 90s and while they were solid, GWU and GMU were, imo, the best.

Was the ratio of straight guys to women at AU like 2/10 like it is now? With those odds, I kinda wish I went to AU for undergrad.

gumercindo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was the ratio of straight guys to women at AU like 2/10 like it is now? With those odds, I kinda wish I went to AU for undergrad.

AU admissions is currently struggling trying to figure out how to attract more males to the school! If you can believe that. I think the ratio is something like 4-1. When I was in school, it was 2/3-1. But like anything else, it's all abut the quality, not quantity. What use is it if it's all ugly chicks? Not saying that was the case - plenty of top notch talent, but there was plenty of untalented as well.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
AU admissions is currently struggling trying to figure out how to attract more males to the school! If you can believe that.

You would not believe how many colleges "struggle" with this. The fact is, more women are applying for college than men. And you wouldn't believe how much younger faculty (like I was) could not figure out how guys would avoid a school with such great odds. Sad fact is that it's ingrained sexism.

Anyway, back to our regular programming.

b

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads