• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Transparent Moderation Log & Site Topics - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
I got nothing.
He (toucansam) reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Bart picks up a "Where's Waldo?" book and each page has Waldo, by himself and in close-up, standing in an open field. He says, "geesh, it's like he's not even trying anymore." That's the caliber of trollishness (or "trollocity") I think we're dealing with here.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
He reminds me of the Simpson's episode where Bart picks up a "Where's Waldo?" book and each page has Waldo, by himself and in close-up, standing in an open field. He says, "geesh, it's like he's not even trying anymore." That's the caliber of trollishness (or "trollocity") I think we're dealing with here.

who was it?

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
FYI: We cannot "delete" accounts. When you ask me to "cancel" your membership, as much as I want to try to fix whatever makes you want to leave, if you're leaving, you can't take all your posts with you. If you want, I will ban you by request. That's as much as I can/will do. I can't delete all your posts and leave big gaps in the threads. Not going to happen.

P.s. if you ask me to ban you and then post the next day/minute, I am ignoring it.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
who was it?
The guy I posted a link to three or four posts above. I think his screename is toucansam.
Originally Posted by j
FYI: We cannot "delete" accounts. When you ask me to "cancel" your membership, as much as I want to try to fix whatever makes you want to leave, if you're leaving, you can't take all your posts with you. If you want, I will ban you by request. That's as much as I can/will do. I can't delete all your posts and leave big gaps in the threads. Not going to happen. P.s. if you ask me to ban you and then post the next day/minute, I am ignoring it.
Do people actually request this of you, J? It's like a close, but equally overly-dramatic, second to a "GOODBYE, Cruel BOARD!" post.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Do people actually request this of you, J? It's like a close, but equally overly-dramatic, second to a "GOODBYE, Cruel BOARD!" post.
surprisingly, yes. Every couple of months or so I get a 'ban me please' PM. Fall into two categories... 1. I am outraged by XYZ and want nothing more to do with the place and 2. I love SF and waste too much time here and cannott restrain myself, so time me out to help me fight temptation.

Kaga

Reaction score
Some people have no restraint.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser
He seems to be a newbie who got touchy when told to do a search rather than a troll.
You're probably right. Nevertheless, it's easy enough simply to hit "ignore," so no worries... And, I was probably just too touchy with him arguing with such certainty that Miyake is the best cologne ever. That's like telling Manton that he needs to give up everything else he owns for a black Hugo Boss suit w/ matching shoes.
wink.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, I was probably just too touchy with him arguing with such certainty that Miyake is the best cologne ever. That's like telling Manton that he needs to give up everything else he owns for a black Hugo Boss suit w/ matching shoes.
wink.gif

Really?
confused.gif
What's wrong with Issey Miyake? That's been my favorite scent for 10+ years
frown.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gdl203
Really?
confused.gif
What's wrong with Issey Miyake? That's been my favorite scent for 10+ years
frown.gif

Actually, there's nothing wrong with it... it was really just a joke. It's a perfectly fine scent... actually I own it as well and in summer in Japan it tends to go over very well (heavier scents, ala hermes Belami, tend to get very strong negative reactions). It was just that in the thread in question where it was discussed I had made some other suggestions (sort of a "you might want to also try this") and they fell on deaf Miyake-laden ears.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads