• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Posting same topic here and on AAAC forums??

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Briefly put, the "Malinda scheme" was this: Andy's team of moderators formerly worked under the single name of "Malinda," which happens to be the name of Andy's wife. However, she, as far as I know, never has had anything to do with the forum. "Malinda" was quite the authoritarian, and guys would make comments like, "That Malinda, she's a real ball buster," "she" being Kabbaz et al. I was in on the secret well before the fact that "Malinda" was actually a team of men became general knowledge, but Andy had sworn me to secrecy.
Wow! (Sucks air through teeth, Japanese businessman style)

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
That was somewhat creepy, though I think it is done with.

I dunno. I rather enjoyed being reprimanded by a faceless and authoritarian female moderator.
lookaround.gif
Beats imagining Alanc or Teacher in latex suit and whip
laugh.gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Briefly put, the "Malinda scheme" was this: Andy's team of moderators formerly worked under the single name of "Malinda," which happens to be the name of Andy's wife. However, she, as far as I know, never has had anything to do with the forum. As I recall, there was some computer-related reason for the use of her name. "Malinda" was quite the authoritarian, and guys would make comments like, "That Malinda, she's a real ball buster," "she" being Kabbaz et al. I was in on the secret well before the fact that "Malinda" was actually a team of men became general knowledge, but Andy had sworn me to secrecy.

That was somewhat creepy, though I think it is done with.

Holy crap, am I ever out of the loop. I had no idea that was the case until now. When did this surface???

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
I dunno. I rather enjoyed being reprimanded by a faceless and authoritarian female moderator.
lookaround.gif
Beats imagining [. . .] Teacher in latex suit and whip
laugh.gif

Oh, you can't imagine how good that is.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Teacher
Oh, you can't imagine how good that is.

Guess there really isn't much to do over in ND...

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
We make our own fun.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
Here, here. I even understand their indulgence of a certain person who seems to think he can act out any way he likes. Reminds me of parents who feel guilty about a child that has had a particularly disfiguring accident. Their patience and kindness is indeed bountiful.

Have anybody in mind?

Again, the hypocrisy is breathtaking. You've got a whole cast of lunatics and their sock puppets who have been obsessively engaged in character assasination since the day your site launched, and far from ever taking a single step to stop them, you have egged them on every step of the way. You even peddle the same trash.

Do spell out the nature of said "disfiguring accident." I know you can't do justice to the purple prose regularly spewed by the filth-mongers on your own site, but give it a go and see how close you can get.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow, at the rate this thread is growing, jumping as it does between the playful and the acrimonious, we may be on our way to surpassing the famous "Black Suit" thread!

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aragon765
North Dakota (???)

I'm from there.

Very informative for a newbie to this forum, however. You guys are REALLY into this stuff, it would seem. Is it not just clothes??
tounge.gif
We have such sights to show you.

Originally Posted by Brad
North Dakotans(?)

Yes, very good. North Dakotites doesn't roll off the tongue, and North Dakoteenians sounds stupid.

[. . .] like hot dish, until your informative post.
Once again: only some of us.

Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
One doesnt like to caterwaul about such things.

Oh, come on...that was just weak.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It's not that big a deal. Just a bunch of guys sharing one account. Sort of like Vaclava Krishna.

Hmm...if that account is shared, it's been done with an amazing amount of consistency. They must have given each other lessons. Maybe they've produced a handbook, with annual updates.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Just stick commas randomly everywhere.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads