• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SUPERFUTURE GHETTO thread: All things Supertalk

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ
^ to be fair, those that have transferred from SuFu have been very polite and followed the rules.

Poly: that's a really popular design from a Joy Division cd called "Unknown Pleasures." http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...0:d9frxq95ldse

It might have its origins somewhere else but that's how it's best known.

yeah, i know the history! i based my old band entirely on joy division's song ceremony! What i was saying is that it actually looks like her shirt. Seeing as all the other JD shirts have the text or way larger graphic, hers are smaller like the one the guy is wearing, who had a big hand in manchester apparantly....

so it looks like the first time i log into superfuture in a month and it crashes. go figure.

sybaritical

Reaction score
The thing that grates is, when SuFu crashes and you can't refresh, the fracking pop up still appears.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
syb, did you get your MBV tickets yet? I'm in the states and they haven't printed or charged my credit card yet...getting worried

totally epic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by poly800rock
yeah, i know the history! i based my old band entirely on joy division's song ceremony! What i was saying is that it actually looks like her shirt. Seeing as all the other JD shirts have the text or way larger graphic, hers are smaller like the one the guy is wearing, who had a big hand in manchester apparantly....

so it looks like the first time i log into superfuture in a month and it crashes. go figure.

I have an officially licensed JD shirt and the graphics is small like that.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by totally epic
I have an officially licensed JD shirt and the graphics is small like that.

who officially licenses JD shirts?

DeadDJ

Reaction score
^ that's odd because like Poly, almost all JD shirts I've seen have a larger graphic.
Yeah, after someone responded I re-read your first post and got the gist of it. I'm the idiot here.
syb, did you get your MBV tickets yet?
Geez man, I get it, you know you indie. I apologized already.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kill the DJ

Geez man, I get it, you know you indie. I apologized already.

I'm serious though, did any people from the US get their MBV tickets in teh mail or at least charged? I don't wanna show up to glasgow to not have a ticket

landho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IIRC, Supreme and Raf both made clothing with Joy Division artwork.

sybaritical

Reaction score
Hey Poly ...

Yes I got my tickets a few weeks ago, they were courier delivered and I had to sign and show ID before I took hold of them.

Don't panic though ... When I booked, I got a reference number and checked up a couple times before they arrived just to make sure they hadn't gone astray. Maybe you could do the same?

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sybaritical
Hey Poly ...

Yes I got my tickets a few weeks ago, they were courier delivered and I had to sign and show ID before I took hold of them.

Don't panic though ... When I booked, I got a reference number and checked up a couple times before they arrived just to make sure they hadn't gone astray. Maybe you could do the same?

Yeah, I could do that, but it sucks, requires me to get a phone card to call the UK!
ugh. maybe this week
musicboohoo[1].gif

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by landho
IIRC, Supreme and Raf both made clothing with Joy Division artwork.

never seen a raf one, but the supreme one was a colab with peter saville who did all the factory artwork. So in that sense, I guess it was licensed. The orginal image itself I believe is public domain, could be wrong though

hollaforadolla

Reaction score
TG!

I don't know if you can see this, but I was looking through a flaunt magazine and saw this familar shirt. Is it yours? looks exactly like your bread and butta. PM me if you want me to pick it up for you.

2415017121_8bcd9e5774.jpg
2415017947_514695f814.jpg

not to talk for tg76 but the shirt she sent me had the unknown pleasures logo much bigger

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
I'm serious though, did any people from the US get their MBV tickets in teh mail or at least charged? I don't wanna show up to glasgow to not have a ticket

That's hard core to fly to see MBV. Back in 1991 or something they played a show in the old 930 club, which is almost unbelievable. That place had a capacity of like 200.

I didn't see them, unfortunately. A friend of mine had, and even had a concert tee. The ongoing story was that they were terrible live, but still, who knew that things would stop dead after loveless, and I would never be able to verify whether or not they were no good live?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads