• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Posting same topic here and on AAAC forums??

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
...If Ask Andy can attract more participants interested in the latter kind of apparel and with the advertising to follow, it could be a friggin' gold mine...
I do not think that is it. Besides being too good a guy, Andy much too smart, too good a businessman, for that. If he wanted to change the format he would not have to go through any kind of off-the-wall drawn out rigmarole -- it is unnecessary -- he could go ahead and just change it.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
That argument never made any sense to me. Whatever is going on, I don't see the connection. How would it serve anyone's commercial interests to make the site less interesting to core members, and to drive it's traffic down?

Beyond that, whatever one thinks of the moderation of the site, I haven't seen any evidence that decisions have been driven by anyone's commercial interests.

Yes, the core members all seemed to have fled. They can be seen posting more in self imposed exile to that yonder island than on AAAC. The traffic is down substantially at AAAC which puts commercial interests at risk. Someone has obviously decided that Cruiser's 1st Amendment rights to troll to his heart's content are more important than one clothing forum.

whacked

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If my intellect had been as astute in financial matters as it was gifted in some other areas, I am sure I would enjoying a comfortable, nay, even opulent retirement, and I don't know if I would be spending time in men's clothing fora. However, even I can comprehend this much: You are running the largest men's clothing forum in the world. Now, where is the money today--in ascots, pocket squares, spectator shoes, that sort of stuff, or in T-shirts, hoodies, blue jeans, sneakers and garb of that ilk? If Ask Andy can attract more participants interested in the latter kind of apparel and with the advertising to follow, it could be a friggin' gold mine.
I really hate to think ill of Andy, of whom I am personally very fond and think of as one of the world's genuine nice guys, but this thought has crossed my mind previously. And, frankly, if sacrificing the Ken Pollocks and the Jan Libourels to the Cruisers and Gabba Gouls is going to bring in tens of thousands of dollars in increased ad revenue to the site, I honestly don't know if I would have acted differently under the same circumstances.

Sorry, Andy, if I am traducing you unjustly, but it has been the most plausible hypothesis that has presented itself to me.

Wise ol' JLibourel, I see the discussion of such garb isn't among your interests; we here in SF, among a few other places, already have that market covered
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Besides, I don't think Wranglers or Fruit of the Loom have that kind of ad money to throw around...

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidicboy
...that member also mentioned about this issue in the tattoo thread today.
I just looked at it -- you are right! As President Reagan said to President Carter: "There you go again!"

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think Cruiser is secretly a mod. I've often wondered if the mods here/there/anywhere had any non-moderator alter-egos that they used to "unwind" or "unload" their frustrations with.
smile.gif
Maybe some people just need a way to vent, say the out of character things that come into their heads, to take out vendettas upon people, and to generally say or do what they feel they can't while wearing their "work hat". Nobody would ban the dummy account, once they saw who it was by checking the IP address. Especially if it was someone significantly established and "respected"... Just a personal theory of mine. Hell, I could be a mod (or J!) for all you guys know.
smile.gif

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Monsieur Libourel, Dusty, others;

As always, Its a pleasure to have you here.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Frankly, the existence of an "Andy Store" which hawks logo-branded tee-shirts, baseball caps and assorted Cruiser-wear seems to affirm JLibourel's theory.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
I think Cruiser is secretly a mod.
I've often wondered if the mods here/there/anywhere had any non-moderator alter-egos that they used to "unwind" or "unload" their frustrations with.
smile.gif

Andy = Russell Street/Terry Lean?

And he had it all planned from the very beginning.

That's right, your mind just got blown.

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
I've often wondered if the mods here/there/anywhere had any non-moderator alter-egos that they used to "unwind" or "unload" their frustrations with.
smile.gif

I sometimes employ the username 'Tokyo Slim'. No one has ever suspected it was me.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AlanC
I sometimes employ the username 'Tokyo Slim'. No one has ever suspected it was me.
Strange, I sometimes employ the username "Malinda".
smile.gif
Oops, ****. Now I'm really in trouble.

Sator

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since I had seen better men banned from Andyland for a hell of a lot less, I fully expected the axe to fall on Cruiser. Nothing happened. He wasn't banned. He was even suspended.

I too had long ago consider him a troll. That's why I kept out of the confrontations you had with him. I thought I would leave it to him to get himself banned, shoot himself in the foot, and everything would be back to normal. Little did I expect the troll to take over the place. That's the answer to why someone with no interest in clothing spends so much time on a clothing forum - because he has tasted power. He smells blood and wants to see how much more destruction he can wreak.

Orsini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sator
I too had long ago consider him a troll. That's why I kept out the confrontations you had with him. I thought I would leave it to him to get himself banned, shoot himself in the foot, and everything would be back to normal. Little did I expect the troll to take over the place. That's the answer to why someone with no interest in clothing spends so much time on a clothing forum - because he has tasted power. He smells blood and wants to see how much more destruction he can wreak.
It looks like a lot more... He is really pushing out the envelop tonight.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Strange, I sometimes employ the username "Malinda".

smile.gif

Oops, ****. Now I'm really in trouble.

I'd type "LOL" but it might get me in trouble too

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 82 37.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 84 38.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.3%

Forum statistics

Threads