• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zurich for a few days

makker

Reaction score
Will be spending 1-2 days in Zurich; first time there. Can anyone give me some good tips on what to do/see, good quality stores, cafes, restaurants.. ?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
stay downtown, hang out in the old part of town, a lot of the shops are on bahnhofstr., have coffee at sprungli. there is a pretty good farmers market in the main train station on saturdays

Esa

Reaction score
Shopping on bahnhofstr and coffee by Lake Zurich.
Day trip to Schaffhausen by train- stop at Rhine Falls on the way.
I really like pizza at Santa Lucia and drinks (beers) in the old town area.

PoloPlayr

Reaction score
Have the steak tartare at Kaufleuten. Best one I've had in AGES.

http://www.kaufleuten.com/

One hell of an expensive city - and that's for someone living in London.

hypoluxo

Reaction score
Coffee and chocolate or pastiries at Sprungli on Bahnhofstr is a must. Plenty of good, and high dollar - or franc - shopping on Bahnhofstr and lots of more quaint shops off the main drag. Plenty of good walking and sightseeing across the Limmat in Old Town. Rodin's Hell's Gate is on display at the Kunsthaus. The Puppy and Teddy Bear Clinic on Neumarkt 12 is a nice place if you need to pick up something for kids. Go see the Le Corbusier house on Lake Zurich - http://www.GreatBuildings.com/buildi...Corbusier.html If you have access to a car, a drive down towards Mielen is nice. If you have more time, cross the lake at Raperswil and head towards Lucern and Mt Pilatus. Have a great time. Zurich is one of my favorite places.

Bohdathone

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nate10184
If you can't afford to eat here, grab a drink at the bar. Definitely one of the coolest places I've ever had a drink.

Kronenhalle

Looks great; it's definitely on my list for next time

makker

Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the great advice!
smile.gif

Richdog

Reaction score
You'll love the place, i've been here 2 years and can't imagine living anywhere else now.
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads