• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zuckerman & Associates in SF inquiry

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did a search and nothing came up other than a listing as a business here in SF. Does anyone have any feedback or opinion as to their work? I am looking to get a CMT suit soon and would prefer to do it nearby.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be interested in hearing anyones input for a decent CMT type tailor here in the bay area as well.

binge

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never heard of Zuckerman. BTW, what cloth do you have waiting in the wings?

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haven't even gotten that far actually. I figured I could select from his options or walk across the street and take a closer look at what Britex has to offer. I was floored when I saw their selection.

The slimmer ****** gets the more I'll save though. About 30 more pounds to go...

emptym

Reaction score
I have no knowledge of Zuckerman, but I'm thinking about going to Al's Attire for a suit.

I went to Britex yesterday and enjoyed it. A clerk recommended Union Square Tailor and Galleria Tailors for pants, but didn't know how they did jackets. I liked quite a few of their fabrics. The mop buttons you recommended, Chips, were nice too, as were their leather buttons. Very friendly, helpful people for the most part.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Glad to help. I was surprised too at how helpful they all were too. I'll have to check out those other tailors as well. I'm really trying to hold back from going to Steven Aver, only because I'd like to have one perfect fitting suit that I can use to measure before sending off those measurements to him. I could buy two to three suits from him for the cost of one suit from Zuckerman.

BRITINLA

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
I did a search and nothing came up other than a listing as a business here in SF. Does anyone have any feedback or opinion as to their work? I am looking to get a CMT suit soon and would prefer to do it nearby.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Have you considered using Johnathan Behr. He's based in Socal, but goes up to SF on a regular basis?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What about Peter Panos on Geary?

http://www.peterpanos.com/

He did some complicated alterations for me about 10 years ago.
They were done well. He calls himself as a "custom tailor"
Might be worth checking out.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I bookmarked Peter Panos. His prices per suit are the same as the CMT in my OP. But it certainly sounds like Peter's representing bespoke suiting. Has he made anything custom for you?

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No. But the last time I visited him there were unfinished garments in
his shop, which at the time was upstairs in the Union Square area.
My guess is that from the prices in his website, Panos is some kind
of MTO operation.

Orpheus1356

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Chips
Has he made anything custom for you?

Last year I got a custom suit from Peter Panos. As of now, it's the best suit in my wardrobe. At the time, I didn't know very much about tailoring and custom suits, but looking back, he's one of the better tailors in SF and he really knows his stuff. Not to mention, a lot of the tailors in the San Francisco Area have been been his apprentice.

He primarily does made to order clothing, but he does alterations as well. If you have fine materials i suggest you go to him. Or If you have less expensive fabrics, you can go ahead and try SF Tailors.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny thing is, I saw that this thread was bumped earlier. And just a few hours before that, I had met Peter Panos for the first time in his shop downtown. His prices seem reasonable and his fabric selections on hand were quite vast.

Sometime this year... when the lovehandles go bye bye...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads