• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DavidCreightonB

Reaction score
I've wanted a pair of hiking style boots from ZB for a while and finally decided to order a pair.

The sailor/classic/high street and college lasts have a snug wrap around on my feet. I really wasn't sure how they were going to approach the parachute last. They are definitely roomy. My heel locks-in but there is more volume (vertical and horizontal space) around the ball of the foot and the toes than the other ZB lasts. The arch also doesn't feel as high as the Sailor last. Overall it kind of feels like a worn-in 2030 with a little more arch. IMO that's pretty much what a hiking boot should feel like. Compared to my other laced ZB boots, the speed hooks make for easy on and off. I didn't realize they separated the speed hooks from the eyelets by creating a v-cut into the upper so I can flex in the ankle. This does increase the width of the tongue to cover the v-cut, so if I cinch it up too tight, the tongue can start to warp. Thicker wool socks and the parachute last becomes a really nice fit. I doubt I'll be sliding down mountains or working on cars in these but they should make for a great winter work boot.

Any one else with this last have a similar fit experience?

UPDATE:

I decided to show a Sailor Last beside the Parachute Last for a comparison (both are a size 8)

DaveB

Attachments

• IMG_9761.jpg
    IMG_9761.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_9758.jpg
    IMG_9758.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

DavidCreightonB

Reaction score
Sweet! I really like the cross hatching in that Russian calf. Just a great looking boot. Post some pics after you get a chance to break them in.

DaveB

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sweet! I really like the cross hatching in that Russian calf. Just a great looking boot. Post some pics after you get a chance to break them in.

DaveB
Outside of shell, cross hatch is my other true love.
Definitely will post more pics.

they look great. is this the sailor or classic last?

Sailor

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Where do you guys get Zonkeys? Looks like Luxury Shear is down.

Not sure if you’re in the States but here’s what I do. I get killed on customs fees, but I go through the Zonkey site. When considering the typical up charge of vendors, the price tends to be a wash mostly.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you’re in the States but here’s what I do. I get killed on customs fees, but I go through the Zonkey site. When considering the typical up charge of vendors, the price tends to be a wash mostly.

Thanks. I am in Canada, there was luxury and mehra that carry Zonkey. I am so regret that I didn't pick up the Chelsea boots from Mehra last time, thought I wanted a classic last.

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Pretty sure the stock Mehra had was bought from Shear Luxury when they had the 60% off.

I'm also from Canada (Toronto) and i've bought from the ZonkeyBoot site and had escaped duties/taxes. I had selected regular post so it's hit or miss but i've escaped much more than caught

Thanks. I am in Canada, there was luxury and mehra that carry Zonkey. I am so regret that I didn't pick up the Chelsea boots from Mehra last time, thought I wanted a classic last.

DavidCreightonB

Reaction score
Shear Luxury closed their doors a few weeks ago. Miloh Shop carries a few ZB's in Canada. I generally buy from Zonkey Boot directly and the import duties for me in the USA are not that bad. Pre-Order shoes or boots takes around 6 months to get. I also look at eBay and shop for sales online.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, checked Miloh shop and looks like they have some big size (UK10/ 11) sales:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads