• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been wanting a pair for the longest time and am almost about to get this pair:
streeter_1.jpg

streeter_2.jpg

streeter_3.jpg

Anybody have any sizing recs?

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
their sailor last fits me like a glove 1 full size down from US
it has awesome arch support & heel cupping
the toe box is only slightly bulbous and should work well with that style.
if they have my size in stock, I would be all over it. that leather is going to be awesome

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

their sailor last fits me like a glove 1 full size down from US
it has awesome arch support & heel cupping
the toe box is only slightly bulbous and should work well with that style.
if they have my size in stock, I would be all over it. that leather is going to be awesome

Thanks! Gonna order and see then

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you mean?

it's my understanding that zonkey is a 'sort of' spin-off of St. Crispin even though it may not be corporately.

at least back in 2009 St. Crispin's was the production source for Zonkey and may still be
St. Crispin's Workshop in Brasov, Romania (maker of Zonkey Boot), courtesy of The Urban Gentleman
. . . .

IF zonkey tapers or fiddles the waist of the Sailor last in the same way, the arch support will be greater than if they do not
I wanted to clarify that for you since I raved earlier.

Last edited:

ezlau

Reaction score

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

it's my understanding that zonkey is a 'sort of' spin-off of St. Crispin even though it may not be corporately.

at least back in 2009 St. Crispin's was the production source for Zonkey and may still be
   St. Crispin's Workshop in Brasov, Romania (maker of Zonkey Boot), courtesy of The Urban Gentleman
    . . . .

IF zonkey tapers or fiddles the waist of the Sailor last in the same way, the arch support will be greater than if they do not
   I wanted to clarify that for you since I raved earlier.

Yes, definitely heard about Zonkey through some St. Crispins threads. I have flatter feet so arch support isn't needed as much for me

Another interview here:
http://www.claymoorslist.com/portfolios/michael-rollig-zonkey-boot

Saying they are Italian made now though

Reaction score
Good Afternoon to everybody out there. This is my very first time on this forum and I joined hoping that I can help with questions you might have about Zonkey Boot. I will start with the production location. We started since the beginning, late 2009, developing the shoes in Northern Italy with our current producer and we are having our shoes made there ever since. The only link between Zonkey Boot and Saint Crispin's is me. I founded SC in the late '80s, developed the product, designed it and so on. In 2010 I have stepped down from all functions in the company and this year sold my remaining shares. What I kept was my skills and my experience.

Reaction score
suggesting you confirm they taper the waist in the same fashion their parent company does
Neither the outline shape (tapered or fiddled waist) nor the concavity (beveled) has a direct effect on the arch support of a shoe. These are construction methods to fix the sole to the upper at the arch area. What creates this particular feeling of a well supported foot at the arch is the shape of the last in this area. In other words: a fiddle waisted dress shoe should have the same arch support like a storm welted shoe as long as they are made on the same last.

ezlau

Reaction score

Good Afternoon to everybody out there. This is my very first time on this forum and I joined hoping that I can help with questions you might have about Zonkey Boot. I will start with the production location. We started since the beginning, late 2009, developing the shoes in Northern Italy with our current producer and we are having our shoes made there ever since. The only link between Zonkey Boot and Saint Crispin's is me. I founded SC in the late '80s, developed the product, designed it and so on. In 2010 I have stepped down from all functions in the company and this year sold my remaining shares. What I kept was my skills and my experience.

Welcome to the forum :) Really great looking belts on your website, and they seem rather similar to the belts Saint Crispin's seem to offer and I have seen Phillip Carr wear. Are they made by the same people?

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good Afternoon to everybody out there. This is my very first time on this forum and I joined hoping that I can help with questions you might have about Zonkey Boot. I will start with the production location. We started since the beginning, late 2009, developing the shoes in Northern Italy with our current producer and we are having our shoes made there ever since. The only link between Zonkey Boot and Saint Crispin's is me. I founded SC in the late '80s, developed the product, designed it and so on. In 2010 I have stepped down from all functions in the company and this year sold my remaining shares. What I kept was my skills and my experience.

Welcome! Ordered the pair I posted yesterday so really looking forward to the shoes. Thanks for all the information you have provided so far.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Neither the outline shape (tapered or fiddled waist) nor the concavity (beveled) has a direct effect on the arch support of a shoe. These are construction methods to fix the sole to the upper at the arch area. What creates this particular feeling of a well supported foot at the arch is the shape of the last in this area. In other words: a fiddle waisted dress shoe should have the same arch support like a storm welted shoe as long as they are made on the same last.

can you or would you modify an existing last using customer foot measurements ?
i'm considering a couple of MTO is why I ask.

Reaction score
Sorry, we don't do any last alterations, but if you need assistance regarding fittings and sizes contact us on our website.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics