• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All - please see below for a GMTO we are trying to get over the finish line. ZB Jodhpur boot 034 in Hatch Grain Embossed Vacchetta. @stephenaf2003 can confirm that if you were to only own one Jodhpur the Zonkey Boot is where it's at.

Very tempting...can I have the matching straps instead of contrasting strap?

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So the whole thing hatchgrain? I'm not opposed to that
Also, I'd prefer the sailor last and Bruciato color.

With the Sailor last I can drop 1.5 sizes and get a really good fit with practically no heel slip.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All - please see below for a GMTO we are trying to get over the finish line. ZB Jodhpur boot 034 in Hatch Grain Embossed Vacchetta. @stephenaf2003 can confirm that if you were to only own one Jodhpur the Zonkey Boot is where it's at.

Yep, if you love a jodhpur, ZB’s is top of the list in my book. They have captured what I imagine as a jodhpur perfectly in the sailor last. I personally most often pair them with jeans and linen pants. When I wear them, the head turning is almost comical.
650B1869-526F-4335-9B07-2B9CFD200CA0.jpeg

056E5AA9-B7AA-4A4B-9059-0FEB0F65F7DB.jpeg

acapaca

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes! I got a pair of their chelseas a couple years ago and was kinda shocked at how well they fit. Like the shaft was just molded to me. And that heel/arch support. Just incredible. Really intrigued by this brand.

dukenukem4ever

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Zonkey Boot russian reindeer really the kind that was salvaged from a shipwreck? Thanks y'all!

Cuebert

Reaction score
Is Zonkey Boot russian reindeer really the kind that was salvaged from a shipwreck? Thanks y'all!

If you are unsure, just go by the price. Shoes in the "real" Russian Reindeer Leather made from the Metta Catharina would probably be at least 3x to 4x the price of the normal range, given how rare that leather is getting.

I doubt that there are many shoemakers left out there who still have enough to make one ore even a couple of pairs. Maybe Cleverly and Stefano Bemer in their respective Bespoke-Services, but not many more if at all.

Last edited:

GrahamM

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm newish to quality shoes and boots. Just turned 50 and very tempted by a pair of ZB 055 Sarto chukka boots as a present to myself to mark the occassion. I don't wear suits nor too much denim...cords, chinos, wool and flannel trousers. Reckon this colour would go with most of what I own and colours too (beige, navy, mid to light grey etc.). I really love the shape of the boot and the texture. Yet to see the colour in real life though.

https://zonkeyboot.com/products/zerofivefive-sarto-two-eyelet-chukka-boots

I've never spent this amount on shoes or boots. A few hundred euros maybe (CJ, Trickers, Cheaney etc.) but this is a notch up. They'd be a present to myself - no one will starve as the funds come from a kind employer and annual bonus. So "free money". But, again, they are a lot.

Please tell me I am not insane to consider buying these!
Please tell me they are top quality!
Please tell me that they are not so fashionable that they will look silly in 10-15-20 years (I might though!!)!
Please tell me that they will last 10-15-20 years (I have a pair of high street chukka boots from a UK chain, Dune, that are going strong after 14 years and hardly "top quality")!

Cheers

Graham

Noblekostas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm newish to quality shoes and boots. Just turned 50 and very tempted by a pair of ZB 055 Sarto chukka boots as a present to myself to mark the occassion. I don't wear suits nor too much denim...cords, chinos, wool and flannel trousers. Reckon this colour would go with most of what I own and colours too (beige, navy, mid to light grey etc.). I really love the shape of the boot and the texture. Yet to see the colour in real life though.

I've never spent this amount on shoes or boots. A few hundred euros maybe (CJ, Trickers, Cheaney etc.) but this is a notch up. They'd be a present to myself - no one will starve as the funds come from a kind employer and annual bonus. So "free money". But, again, they are a lot.

Please tell me that they are not so fashionable that they will look silly in 10-15-20 years (I might though!!)!
Please tell me that they will last 10-15-20 years (I have a pair of high street chukka boots from a UK chain, Dune, that are going strong after 14 years and hardly "top quality")!

Cheers

Graham
A Chukka will never be out of style and these will never break unless you abuse them daily non stop. Enjoy them!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Cheers

Graham
These will be perfect for everything you intend to wear them with and can be resoled/ refurbished when you wear them down. Plus I agree with Kostas that they will not go out of style. Enjoy!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 38.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 29 18.5%

Forum statistics

Threads