• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ZBA

Reaction score
Here we go then.
I did not make public this print screen myself, since it was part of a private correspondence. Furthermore, I am asking you to take it down because it contains my private data and besides my professional life, I am also a private person and have the right to privacy.
Thank you.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I did not make public this print screen myself, since it was part of a private correspondence. Furthermore, I am asking you to take it down because it contains my private data and besides my professional life, I am also a private person and have the right to privacy.
Thank you.

Done.

The bottomline is please don’t try to say that I am lying about what you said.

The whole premise of me replying on this thread was to inform other forum members that ZB might not be as good as value as thought to be.

Make your own choice folks ..

Thank you.

ZBA

Reaction score
Done.

The bottomline is please don’t try to say that I am lying about what you said.

The whole premise of me replying on this thread was to inform other forum members that ZB might not be as good as value as thought to be.

Make your own choice folks ..

Thank you.

If contributing to the community with information is your honest goal, I guess the community might appreciate it if you would also disclose what your financial interests in the shoe business are and what exactly your activity in this field is. And please feel free to disclose as well your 'influencer' social media accounts and the names of the clients supporting you.
We would appreciate it.
Thank you.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly the exchange is a shame. It sounds like Nishant had a bad experience but I wished the tone of the conversation with Alexandra was not so sour. Definitely some miscommunication going on.

Not sure how value plays into it, as mistakes happen with every shoe brand. Especially in bad economic times I'm not sure how productive it is to make such harsh statements on a small brand.

Other than the private info point, I will say that Alexandra appearing so upset at a customer on a public forum is not a good look for a brand, so I imagine it would be best to stop.

nishant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If contributing to the community with information is your honest goal, I guess the community might appreciate it if you would also disclose what your financial interests in the shoe business are and what exactly your activity in this field is. And please feel free to disclose as well your 'influencer' social media accounts and the names of the clients supporting you.
We would appreciate it.
Thank you.

I am humbled and honored by your assumptions that luxury shoe makers are supporting my amateur photography and my joy of wearing shoes .. If EG CJ and GG are listening, I am still waiting on my big fat paycheck :)

While I am not a social media influencer, given your responses here, I would strongly suggest that you hire a liaison to deal with customer relations, forums and social media.

I will not be replying on this fiasco any further.

Thank you.

DavidCreightonB

Reaction score
nishant, you are an influencer, so posting what is essentially saying you won't buy ZB because of a bad experience, carries weight. Why would you do this unless you wanted to undermine ZB's business? You forced Alexandra into this exchange. This is their livelihood you went after.

I'm just a guy who likes shoes and was happy with getting a really cool boot.

DaveB

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nishant, you are an influencer, so posting what is essentially saying you won't buy ZB because of a bad experience, carries weight. Why would you do this unless you wanted to undermine ZB's business? You forced Alexandra into this exchange. This is their livelihood you went after.

I'm just a guy who likes shoes and was happy with getting a really cool boot.

DaveB
Yeah based on what I'm reading here I don't see the argument for poor "value." I can see that it was a bad experience but not sure if both made efforts to explore a resolution. But that's just with the limited information provided.

One thing I want to put out there: being told to "touch up" a pair of shoes that arrived with bad finishing is not uncommon. Yohei Fukuda himself once told me to touch up a pair that arrived nicked.

I think the idea is that it makes more sense to pop a bottle of Saphir and shine for a few minutes vs paying to send them out to be done by the shoemaker and receive them back a month or two later and risk them getting nicked again in transport.

In the eyes of the consumer, it makes more sense to get the issue resolved by the people who provided the product. However, it's not as easy as walking back to a department store for an exchange.

Again, I don't know the extent of the issue and I'm not claiming that Nishant's issue could be easily waxed away. It does sound like an attempt is being made to right a wrong but then somehow things went off the rails a bit. I hope Nishant can reach a peaceful resolution and I do agree that ZB dropped the ball just now on the customer service side of things.. never lose composure.

Evergreen88

Reaction score
I feel like most of the users on this forum and in particular those that follow and care about specific brands, are very forgiving. As an 'external' that doesn't know the brand, if not from following Nishant on Instagram and appreciating his amazing photography, I am surprised anyone can think this behaviour is acceptable.

A loyal customer who spent thousands of dollars with the brand, as well as providing free advertising through his hobby, has a problem after purchasing an incredibly expensive pair of boots and the only suggestion is to give it a polish? And rather than try to rectify the issue now they attack the customer insinuating that buying discounted shoes, expectations should be lowered? Or the fact that he has an instagram account is somewhat of a conflict of interest?

And he should not feedback this issue to the community?

I understand this is the livelihood of honest hardworking people, but the point of this community should be to discuss good and bad experiences, it's not a fan club.

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I feel like most of the users on this forum and in particular those that follow and care about specific brands, are very forgiving. As an 'external' that doesn't know the brand, if not from following Nishant on Instagram and appreciating his amazing photography, I am surprised anyone can think this behaviour is acceptable.

A loyal customer who spent thousands of dollars with the brand, as well as providing free advertising through his hobby, has a problem after purchasing an incredibly expensive pair of boots and the only suggestion is to give it a polish? And rather than try to rectify the issue now they attack the customer insinuating that buying discounted shoes, expectations should be lowered? Or the fact that he has an instagram account is somewhat of a conflict of interest?

And he should not feedback this issue to the community?

I understand this is the livelihood of honest hardworking people, but the point of this community should be to discuss good and bad experiences, it's not a fan club.
Haha note where I said...

"I hope Nishant can reach a peaceful resolution and I do agree that ZB dropped the ball just now on the customer service side of things."

Just saying.

Evergreen88

Reaction score
Haha note where I said...

"I hope Nishant can reach a peaceful resolution and I do agree that ZB dropped the ball just now on the customer service side of things."

Just saying.

I wasn't thinking about your post in particular or even this brand in particular :)

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wasn't thinking about your post in particular or even this brand in particular :)
Got it. I think that we can all agree that most shoemakers provide lackluster customer service in general. It goes alongside the argument of the importance of retailers. I believe that most consumers crave that special attention that most retailers provide through rapport and tailored customer service which usually falls through the cracks with most shoemakers.

Though Nishant's experience is appreciated, I don't feel like all hope should be lost. It sounds like there's at least an attempt to mend things. Nishant may be rightfully fed up by now but I think he should continue his conversation with ZB in a more private manner and see where that goes. It may work out or it may not. Still worth a shot, in my opinion.

WhyUEarly

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back to shoe photos. Wholecut derby boots
PXL_20201106_184549947.jpg

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would agree that it doesn't matter if the purchased shoes are discounted or not.
You don't treat a customer based on how much money he spent on the product.
That is a bad excuse.
It is nishants fault for not purchasing 40 pairs of boots from ZB rather than EG!! ?? I don’t give two ***** if the boot in question was purchased at retail or discount. If you sell a product then be prepared to stand by it.
Oh and yes my bad the 40 pairs of C&J too!! Lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads