1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 9: A MTM nylon MA-1 bomber from Falcon Garments

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a nylon MA-1 from Falcon garments. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Zonkey Boot Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by stevent, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior Member

Has anyone had success getting in touch with Zonkey through their website's Contact Us page? https://www.zonkeyboot.com/contact-us/

I reached out last week inquiring whether I'd incur an MTO fee for a wider width on a boot that would need to be pre-ordered (as my size isn't available). I haven't heard anything yet.

2. SirWilliam

SirWilliam Senior Member

All of my communication with them (except for when I met them in person) has been through [email protected]

I ordered a boot that was a smaller size than they normally make and there was no extra cost...you just have to wait for the shoe to be made. If I wanted the same boot with a rubber sole there would be a MTO fee.

3. ecwy

ecwy Senior Member

They will get back to you ultimately. But might be better to email them than use the contact form. It took me a few days to get a response via contact form but after that initial delay email communication has been responded within a day. It could be possible that they are travelling though. I wouldn't worry about it as their customer service has been excellent from my experience.

I believe wider widths are only available as MTO and would incur a fee. Would be happy to find out for sure when you hear back from them!

4. Michael Rollig

Michael Rollig Member

Sorry to hear that you tried to contact us. We haven't received your message. Please try again with our direct shop address. [email protected]

5. andrel42

andrel42 Senior Member

Met up with Michael Rollig on Saturday at a Trunk Shoe at Brogues Geneva; Michael took the time to show me several models and explain the construction to me. They are also launching some new high end sneakers with a fabulous insole for max comfort. Will probably pick up some pairs in the coming weeks. This pair caught my eye; beatitude browns and burnished toe and a stunning last (High Street?).

[​IMG]

6. clee1982

clee1982 Distinguished Member

7. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Stylish Dinosaur

Would be nice to see some comprehensive list for lasts/etc

dont want it to be like the enzo thread, where there seems to be a new last no one has known about popping up every 2 weeks

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015

8. ecwy

ecwy Senior Member

https://www.zonkeyboot.com/sizes-fitting/#shoe_guide

9. eljimberino

eljimberino Senior Member

Of all my shoes (about 12 pair) the Zonkey are my most worn.

10. ecwy

ecwy Senior Member

Boots arrived before the year ended!

Norvegese welt is done much slimmer than the ones from EB. Packaging is very nicely done. Boots came in a neat mesh sleeve to protect the finish in addition to the shoe bag and spare laces placed on top. Shoe box size is also big enough (received too many boots squashed in boxes that are too small in my life [​IMG]).

IMO, Shoe trees fit better than Vass ones. No other comparison points yet.

Overall, very happy with it and would look to order more in the future! It is a pleasure to work with Alexandra who goes through great detail to explain things over email.

Specs:

Art. ZB 048
    Wholecut derby boots
    Sailor last
    Horween Russian Calf
    Norvegese welt
    Vibram rubber soles

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior Member

Those look great! I had no idea that the russian calf that Zonkey used was Horween - do you know if that's the same as StC?

12. ecwy

ecwy Senior Member

You will have to ask them to be 100% sure but most "Russian Calf" used would likely be the Horween stuff (http://www.aacrack.co.uk/catalogue.asp?product_id=69) unless you can get the real 1786 leather recovered from the wreck which would cost a bomb too.

There was some posts on the Leather thread indicating some other tanneries (Italy I think?) also make a similar looking product.

13. venividivicibj

venividivicibj Stylish Dinosaur

Does Zonkey do GMTOs?

14. ecwy

ecwy Senior Member

Yes.. minimum 3 pairs on exactly same specs except sizes to waive the MTO surcharge but leader should coordinate everything and be the sole contact person. Shoe trees are not provided for GMTO.

All other MTO conditions apply - https://www.zonkeyboot.com/made-to-order/

15. tifosi

tifosi Tire Kicker

Just got turned on to this brand. These look fantastic.