• Styleforum is going on Instagram Live today with Eva Kuhle of Epaulet

Today, Peter talks to Eva Kuhle of Epaulet, a long time Styleforum member and sponsor, in the latest episode in our ongoing series of conversations about COVID-19 and the impact the global pandemic on the menswear industry

Tune in at 4:00 p.m. PDT

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

djdanniedee

Reaction score
Yeah, $394 for duties/taxes. The pair with trees is roughly $1200, so 13% tax and 18%(i think) for duties is roughly right. Definitely will send in the duties form to try to reclaim.

DavidCreightonB

Reaction score
I went with my normal UK8.5, so TTS, and though they are a little narrow for my slightly wide forefoot, I like the snug fit. They’re tight but not in a bad way for me.
I just happen to be wearing loafers today (final wear for end of season). I have a width between C and D and go a 1/2 size down on all Zonkey Boots. Loafers for me are the same size as all their boots, shoes, loafers and sneakers.

IMG_0188.JPG

DaveB

styc

Reaction score

styc

Reaction score
Just placed my order for the Midnight Blue Janus Suede Traveler last loafers with Shop Mehra. Was advised to go down a half size to UK8.5 (based on my shoe sizes as listed below) and was told that shipping to SG will be circa 1 week from dispatch. Can't wait! Once again thanks for the sizing advice!

Alden Aberdeen Tassel Loafers- 9.5C
Allen Edmonds Strand and Cambridge- 9.5D. The length is fine but the instep is horrible leading to bowing on the sides when i walk
Meccariello Argentum Dux Soft Square- UK9 standard width but feel that i should have gone up a width.
Meccariello Aeris Soft Square- UK9.5. Very comfortable
Meccariello Round last- UK9- Fit tight initially but perfect now.
Wildsmith Picadilly captoes- UK9. Perfect fit
Churchs 73 last- UK9 standard width. perfect fit
Herring 1966- UK9 standard width. perfect fit
Carmina Simpson last. UK9. Length fits well but slightly narrow.
Carmina Detriot- UK9. Legth fits well but very roomy and need to wear thick socks
Loake 1880- UK9 in most models
Trickers Regent - UK9 standard width. Comfortable
Trickers tassel loafers- UK9 but too long. Need to insert heel pad to prevent heel slip
Enzo 062 chisel last on a loafer- UK8.5 for perfect length.
Meermin Hiro split toe derby- UK9. Too much room. Need heel pad inserts.

styc

Reaction score
The loafers arrived and a half size down to UK8.5 from my usual UK9 has given me a perfect fit. The arch support is just nice too. Couldn’t be happier. Will keep them in the box for now and probably take them on their maiden voyage come Jan 2020 as a present to myself. =)

Attachments

styc

Reaction score
love the pairing of the pants with the boots. Styling on point.
I have a similar pair of pants but always struggle with finding the best shirt and shoes to match. What top did you pair this with? Casual white oxford tucked in?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
love the pairing of the pants with the boots. Styling on point.
I have a similar pair of pants but always struggle with finding the best shirt and shoes to match. What top did you pair this with? Casual white oxford tucked in?
Haha no, not quite. Thanks for the compliment, but I’m definitely the wrong person to ask about what to wear. I have a unique style, and more often than not, pay no mind to convention when I choose what to wear.

I wore a green turtleneck, with a heavy tweed blazer. The blazer was similar to the pants, but more brown.

styc

Reaction score
I happen to be a Stephen too and perhaps one day I can be as “Stephen AF” as you. 😄

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

• I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

• I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

• I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

• Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.

Results are only viewable after voting.