• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very nice - they look great! Is this your first pair from Zonkey? How do you like them?
Yes - first impression is that the leather seems to be really good, the level is finishing is good but not the finest I think, but at the price point I paid, I think it's a great deal. Will need to wear them first before I can comment more.

DavidCreightonB

Reaction score
Yes - first impression is that the leather seems to be really good, the level is finishing is good but not the finest I think, but at the price point I paid, I think it's a great deal. Will need to wear them first before I can comment more.

After you break them in, let us know how you like them. Great looking chukka.

thepaladin

Reaction score
Anyone of you guys interested in this boot? 238 with chained norvege in black reindeer. I’d only change the sole to commando. Classic last. Alex quoted me 5 for the GMTO. €840.

Attachments

• B97045E1-C97D-4FE8-B5F6-6A8D5E33F4A0.jpeg
    B97045E1-C97D-4FE8-B5F6-6A8D5E33F4A0.jpeg
    263.9 KB · Views: 374

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
x-post from our affiliate thread

Happy weekend gents!
Here are some new F/W Pre-Order we are expecting from Zonkey Boot.

I am particularly excited for the NST boots (ZB238) in Walnut Russian Calf & Snuff Suede

Here is picture of the ZB238 from Zonkey Boot's Website
Zonkey-Boot-split-toe-derby-boot-from-scotch-grain-calf-and-suede-1.jpg

At the request by Zonkey Boot factory, we've slightly increased the prices on our new upcoming F/W models.

We also have very few floor model / customer try on (with some creases on the upper) pairs from last year on sale as well. Kindly email us for details.

Cheers,
Steve

knappabn

Reaction score

Happy weekend gents!

I am particularly excited for the NST boots (ZB238) in Walnut Russian Calf & Snuff Suede

View attachment 1189060

At the request by Zonkey Boot factory, we've slightly increased the prices on our new upcoming F/W models.

We also have very few floor model / customer try on (with some creases on the upper) pairs from last year on sale as well. Kindly email us for details.

Cheers,
Steve

Any particular reason your sizing on these tops out at 10UK?

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Any particular reason your sizing on these tops out at 10UK?

No reason at all other than Im a small mom and pop shop who can not afford multiple sizes for each stock model...not to mention supply & demand was not so great for UK10 plus sizes here in San Diego California :)

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bumping this as I just posted to GYW to see if we can round up enough people to move forward. Let me know if you are interested.

Model: 208 loafer
Last: College (https://zonkeyboot.com/sizes-fitting/)
Leather: Russian Calf
Hand welted leather soles (I think leather is probably the best option but open to other ideas)
Mid brown welt/edge color
Regular price: € 690
Wooden shoe trees: € 98
Shipping costs: depend on the country. They can be seen on the web shop, in the Shopping Bag, when placing a pair of shoes in.

---------

Here is some more info from Alexandra:

"With Bologna construction, the upper is lasted and then a piece of upper leather is sewn on the forepart of the sole, replacing thus the insole. This hand stitch is basically similar to the apron sewn on hand lasted moccasins, only on the sole side. The purpose of the Bologna construction is to achieve even more flexibility and softness for a summer shoe with thin leather soles (an example would be a kangaroo leather upper paired with a thin leather sole, which could be rolled up and put in a pocket). The Blake stitching on these shoes serves the same function as the outsole stitching on hand welted shoes - to attach the upper leather to the sole.

For an all-season loafer in Russian Calf, which is in itself a thick sturdy leather, we consider the hand welted construction to be a better choice.

The price of ZB 208, in Russian Calf or Reindeer, with calf leather lining, hand welted leather soles, hand sewn aprons is the same as the Bologna loafer offered on our website: https://zonkeyboot.com/shop/twozeroeight-sienna/.
For non-EU countries:
………………….
Subtotal: € 788
Shipping costs: depend on the country. They can be seen on our web shop, in the Shopping Bag, when placing a pair of shoes in.
The price does not include VAT, nor any other taxes or charges. If required by local customs, customers would be responsible for paying import duties or taxes levied by their country."

EDIT: Interested
@Burzan
@jctune

So this loafer, in the same Russian calf as my split toes. Alexandra also said we could all email in for sizing advice if needed.

Zonkey-Boot-college-loafer-in-hand-stained-Bavarian-Calf-1.jpg

Zonkey-Boot-college-loafer-in-hand-stained-Bavarian-Calf-3.jpg

2019-03-14 13.45.45_edited.jpg

jctune

Reaction score

"With Bologna construction, the upper is lasted and then a piece of upper leather is sewn on the forepart of the sole, replacing thus the insole. This hand stitch is basically similar to the apron sewn on hand lasted moccasins, only on the sole side. The purpose of the Bologna construction is to achieve even more flexibility and softness for a summer shoe with thin leather soles (an example would be a kangaroo leather upper paired with a thin leather sole, which could be rolled up and put in a pocket). The Blake stitching on these shoes serves the same function as the outsole stitching on hand welted shoes - to attach the upper leather to the sole.

For an all-season loafer in Russian Calf, which is in itself a thick sturdy leather, we consider the hand welted construction to be a better choice.

I'm still in. Will need to discuss sizing with Alexandra but will do that once we get this off the ground.

I'm assuming from the above that we are talking about the Bologna construction (of which I know nothing about), handwelted as opposed to Blake.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still in. Will need to discuss sizing with Alexandra but will do that once we get this off the ground.

I'm assuming from the above that we are talking about the Bologna construction (of which I know nothing about), handwelted as opposed to Blake.

From my understanding bologna is a blake stitched construction, we will be going with handwelted as suggested by Alexandra. Not having much traction on GYW yet though so we'll see if we can scrape up four more guys.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With some guys on Reddit and an existing customer that Alexandra found we now have 6 to move forward with this. Let me know if anyone else is interested before the order is submitted.

Model: 208 loafer
Last: College (https://zonkeyboot.com/sizes-fitting/)
Leather: Russian Calf
Hand welted leather soles
Mid brown welt/edge color (same as the split toes below)
Shipping costs: depend on the country. They can be seen on the web shop, in the Shopping Bag, when placing a pair of shoes in.

---------

The price of ZB 208, in Russian Calf or Reindeer, with calf leather lining, hand welted leather soles, hand sewn aprons is the same as the Bologna loafer offered on our website: https://zonkeyboot.com/shop/twozeroeight-sienna/.
For non-EU countries:
………………….
Subtotal: € 788
Shipping costs: depend on the country. They can be seen on our web shop, in the Shopping Bag, when placing a pair of shoes in.
The price does not include VAT, nor any other taxes or charges. If required by local customs, customers would be responsible for paying import duties or taxes levied by their country."

EDIT: Interested
@Burzan
@jctune

So this loafer, in the same Russian calf as my split toes. Alexandra also said we could all email in for sizing advice if needed.

Zonkey-Boot-college-loafer-in-hand-stained-Bavarian-Calf-1.jpg

Zonkey-Boot-college-loafer-in-hand-stained-Bavarian-Calf-3.jpg

2019-03-14 13.45.45_edited.jpg

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Happy weekend gents!

View attachment 1189060

Cheers,
Steve
I can image this go really well with Sharkskin.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads