• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum
smile.gif
Really great looking belts on your website, and they seem rather similar to the belts Saint Crispin's seem to offer and I have seen Phillip Carr wear. Are they made by the same people?
I don't know where Phillip has his belts made now. The preparatory works like cutting and fitting are made by a specialized workshop near to our shoe factory. The hand stitching is made by our stitcher who works exclusively for us. This particular two-tone stitch is called TWIST and it is registered by Zonkey Boot. For more technical details have a look at the belt guide on our website.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got my boots today after a long delay from USPS who lost the package for about 3 weeks. Ended up with 8.5% duties which is standard though slightly unexpected through USPS (standard post on Zonkey website). First impressions, very nice shape and leather feels solid. Box did have the distinct Italian smell you get. Sailor last is definitely very long and overall seems to be very close to Meermin's Hiro last with a slighty more squared toe.

SoGent, waist is tight but not close to Saint Crispins. I have flatter feet and these don't feel intrusive at all, though length is definitely a bit too long for me. Will post a few photos this weekend

Last edited:

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally got my boots today after a long delay from USPS who lost the package for about 3 weeks. Ended up with 8.5% duties which is standard though slightly unexpected through USPS (standard post on Zonkey website). First impressions, very nice shape and leather feels solid. Box did have the distinct Italian smell you get. Sailor last is definitely very long and overall seems to be very close to Meermin's Hiro last with a slighty more squared toe.

SoGent, waist is tight but not close to Saint Crispins. I have flatter feet and these don't feel intrusive at all, though length is definitely a bit too long for me. Will post a few photos this weekend

Thinking about joining in the fun. What size did you order and do you wish you would have sized down a half?

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Are Zonkey Boot's Classic and Sailor lasts the same as St. Crispin's?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
anyone with updated pics of their zonkey boots? also any sizing recs on the sailor last? website suggests sizing down an extra 1/2 sizes if foot is narrow

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These boots do look interesting.

LeatherBoot

Reaction score
I just got my first pair in the mail today and they are beautiful...though in person these seem somehow more dressy then I thought they would be I wish the shoe trees were here so I could properly start wearing them.

What do people think of the leather laces? They came with regular laces as well...the leather ones seem likely to come undone.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
those look slick, congrats! i was eyeing that same pair. how did you size?

you purchased lasted zonkey trees?

i have had no problems with the leather laces. i prefer them over the cotton ones.

LeatherBoot

Reaction score
I was in Germany in January and was able to try a pair of their boots on the same sailor last and I found that a size 7 fit me like a glove. I usually wear 40.5-41.

I did buy the lasted shoe trees after I realized that they sold them. Alexandra was nice enough to include free shipping on them even though it was too late to get the trees in the shipment with the shoes.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thanks for the tip. i love the shrunken buffalo leather. how do you plan on wearing the grey brown derby?

LeatherBoot

Reaction score
I am not exactly sure to be honest. I am thinking cotton pants or jeans with a blazer or sweater.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
that sounds perfect to be honest. the rugged texture juxtaposed with the elongated shape of the last makes for a dressy casual option. i think chinos or cotton pants would be perfect. atleast thats how I would wear them. looking forward to your fit pics! youve nudged me a a little closer to making my next purchase

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads