• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zonkey Boot 034 Jodhpur GMTO

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we all know that Zonkey Boot makes one of the most iconic Jodhpur boots in the industry. Zonkey Boot has agreed to waive the MTO fee for a 5-person GMTO and I'm hoping we can gather participants for a unique boot that is sure to age beautifully. Keep in mind that Zonkey Boot is hand-welted construction and features vegetable tanned bovine leather necks insoles and are lined with soft dark brown calf leather.

The boot will be made using HATCH GRAIN EMBOSSED VACCHETTA (see pics below). "The tanning of the vacchetta is best done in slowly rotating huge drums with 600 skins at a time. By dyeing, dressing, glazing, embossing and many other refining treatments, the raw Vacchetta is upgraded to a sophisticated and very versatile material. All vegetable tanned leathers become darker with age and shiny when rubbed."

For the straps, the idea is to use waxy plain vacchetta leather (although at this point not opposed to contrasting color waxy plain vacchetta). "Waxy vacchetta contains more fat deeply embedded in the skin. The water resistance is therefore higher than with the plain Vacchetta and it shows a slight pull up effect."

I've laid out two different leather color options and hope we can come to a consensus on which of the two make-ups to go with.

Style - Art. ZB 034, Strap Jodhpur Boot
Last - Sailor
Leather/Strap Combination - Bruciato Hatch/Bruciato Waxy Plain or Cuoio Hatch/Cuoio Waxy Plain
Sole - Double leather or Vibram Explosion (topy)
Price - € 725 (excl VAT) 50% upfront and 50% at completion

Confirmed - @jischwar @Soixante
Interested? - @flylikeneagle @Shawnc @Crafty Cumbrian @Jamesbond1

Pics for inspiration
1618754973103.png

1618755009712.png

1618755039197.png

1618755098694.png

Pictured above (from left to right): Black, Graphite, Testa di Moro, Bruciato, Cuoio.

1618755064976.png

Top row (from left to right): Fiesta, Lampone; middle row (from left to right): Testa di Moro, Lattuga, Giungla, Bruciato; bottom row (from left to right): Arancio, Piombo, Cuoio, Black.

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m down for suede boot with leather belt on high street last. Sailor I do not like at all!
AAC7AB76-DA66-44A3-BC62-C31713B50D07.jpeg

dench127

Reaction score
I like the leather, but I can't really get on board with the last. Is changing away from Sailor last a non-starter?

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, I won’t be in. I’ve already got the one pictured for inspiration, which for me is the ultimate jodhpur. That being said, I think this proposal will be an exceptional jodhpur!

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like the leather, but I can't really get on board with the last. Is changing away from Sailor last a non-starter?
It's such a beautiful pairing given the casual vibe all around! Sailor really fits here imo

Jamesbond1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So we all know that Zonkey Boot makes one of the most iconic Jodhpur boots in the industry. Zonkey Boot has agreed to waive the MTO fee for a 5-person GMTO and I'm hoping we can gather participants for a unique boot that is sure to age beautifully. Keep in mind that Zonkey Boot is hand-welted construction and features vegetable tanned bovine leather necks insoles and are lined with soft dark brown calf leather.

The boot will be made using HATCH GRAIN EMBOSSED VACCHETTA (see pics below). "The tanning of the vacchetta is best done in slowly rotating huge drums with 600 skins at a time. By dyeing, dressing, glazing, embossing and many other refining treatments, the raw Vacchetta is upgraded to a sophisticated and very versatile material. All vegetable tanned leathers become darker with age and shiny when rubbed."

For the straps, the idea is to use waxy plain vacchetta leather (although at this point not opposed to contrasting color waxy plain vacchetta). "Waxy vacchetta contains more fat deeply embedded in the skin. The water resistance is therefore higher than with the plain Vacchetta and it shows a slight pull up effect."

I've laid out two different leather color options and hope we can come to a consensus on which of the two make-ups to go with.

Style - Art. ZB 034, Strap Jodhpur Boot
Last - Sailor
Leather/Strap Combination - Bruciato Hatch/Bruciato Waxy Plain or Cuoio Hatch/Cuoio Waxy Plain
Sole - Double leather or Vibram Explosion (topy)
Price - € 725 (excl VAT) 50% upfront and 50% at completion

Confirmed - @jischwar @Soixante
Interested? - @flylikeneagle @Shawnc @Crafty Cumbrian @Jamesbond1

Pics for inspiration
View attachment 1595607
View attachment 1595608
View attachment 1595611
View attachment 1595613
Pictured above (from left to right): Black, Graphite, Testa di Moro, Bruciato, Cuoio.

View attachment 1595612
Top row (from left to right): Fiesta, Lampone; middle row (from left to right): Testa di Moro, Lattuga, Giungla, Bruciato; bottom row (from left to right): Arancio, Piombo, Cuoio, Black.
Can we all do Classic last than Sailor?

deez shoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's an example of the boot with classic last...

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's an example of the boot with classic last...

This works because the boot is on crust leather. Classic seems like it's too formal for this makeup, imo. Vacchetta is a veg tan pull up leather so casual for the most part. Shines easily though if needed

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads