• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zohreh Uomo on 54th Street

brewstafari

Reaction score
Anyone had experience with Zohreh Uomo on 54th Street in Manhattan? Any brief thoughts on price/quality/service? A friend recommended it to me but I'm not entirely sure I trust his taste on something like that.

Thanks all.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by brewstafari
Anyone had experience with Zohreh Uomo on 54th Street in Manhattan? Any brief thoughts on price/quality/service? A friend recommended it to me but I'm not entirely sure I trust his taste on something like that.

Thanks all.

Weird place.

JM Weston/Paraboot shoes next to Baroni suits, which are priced like at over $1,000. Lots of Etro. Lots of Altea ties (about $75). Staff/owner all female, not too pushy. Unknown italian sounding shirts and pants, along with some mid tier known brands. They also do some sort of MTM service, have no idea who the manufacturer is. Typical client is young (25-35), and likes flashy stuff.

Mark Seitelman

Reaction score
About 10 years ago one of my vendors gave me a MTM shirt as a gift.

The owner came to my office with the swatches in a looseleaf. I bought an extra shirt. The shirts probably were made by one of the Gambert factories in New Jersey. The shirts were OK; nothing extraordinary.

I picked-up the shirts at its former store on Third Avenue between 57th & 58th. The owner showed me a basted sportscoat. He said that he did bespoke tailoring and that he was very proud of his tailor's work. It looked like the real McCoy.

The owner gave me good service, and I am still on the mailing list.

The clothes are Italian influenced and a bit flashy for my taste. The clothes are not on the same level as Borrelli and Vacca. At that time I was a Brooks MTM and Flusser Custom customer. Therefore, I did not return.

I pass by the store on my semi-annual visits to my doctor down the street. It seems that the clothes are the same, and nothing displayed gets me terribly excited.

The owner must have a solid and loyal following, and that speaks well of the establishment.

Good luck.

enoughtoil

Reaction score
I have shopped at Zohreh many times and I've had a great experience every time. I don't recall meeting the owner, Sean, but I have met with and been helped by, at one time or another, every employee of his: the sales associates Goska, Jenny, Laura, and the tailor Marco. In fact, if the store is not too busy, two or even three of these associates can be assisting you at the very same time, which is a pampered feeling indeed. All of them are very knowledgeable; they are also cheerful and pleasant. Marco is the same and likewise excels at his work. The selection of clothes here is amazing: beautiful clothing, very reasonably priced (the price even includes routine tailoring).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads