1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Zissou's Handmade Leather Card & Eyeglass Cases

Discussion in '2011-2017 Streetwear' started by zissou, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zissou

zissou Senior member

FYI- I am now only going to accept orders through my Etsy shop.

This is primarily because it is much easier to keep track of orders and ship through there, where I accept paypal and credit cards. If you have any questions about items, please send me a PM here if you wish. Thanks!

10% off for Styleforum members with 'SFTEN'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

For feedback and photos, my archived thread can be read here.

All card cases are made from 4-5oz veg tanned leather, and are available in the same colors as the belts. If you have any ideas for customizing to make any of this work better for you, just let me know. PM me if you have any questions. Thanks!

1. natural
    2. oxblood
    3. British tan
    4. chocolate
    5. black
    Plus olive green below:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NEW! Eyeglass case 01- $48 Modeled after card case 01, it's available in two sizes- the smaller size works well for standard wire-rim eyeglasses and sunglasses, and the larger size works well for larger aviators, and some plastic-framed sunglasses. All cases are lined with red microsuede fabric.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Card case 01 - $38 This simple card case can hold up to 6 credit cards easily, but will fit more with a little stretching. The flap closure is very secure, but easy to open for quick access.
    I am currently making this card case with straight stitching. I think it looks and works much better than the cross stitch.

In natural:
    [​IMG]
    and oxblood:
    [​IMG]
    Here's a card case 01 that I sized up for someone to hold a French ID, shown next a my standard size card case 01. Anything can be adjusted for a custom use!
    [​IMG]

Card case 02 - Discontinued

Card case 03 - $32 This is the slimmest card case that I can make. It will hold five cards easily, but can stretch to hold a few more.
    [​IMG]

Card case 04 - $38
    This is a new design that I recently started using for my own card case. It holds the usual 5-6 cards, and this one shows the optional cash pocket on the back. I use a 5/8" pea coat button on it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I can also make it with a snap if you don't want a button.
    [​IMG]

Card case 05 - $38 I've had several requests for card case 04, but with a different closure. So, I got 02 and 04 together one day, and this is what happened.
    [​IMG]

Card case 06 - $38 It's card case 01, but in a vertical orientation.
    [​IMG]

Add $6 to any card case if you'd like a cash pocket on the back.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Very limited numbers of card cases available in tan chromexcel. PM me if interested.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  2. zissou

zissou Senior member

I'll be out of town for work and on vacation much of the next few weeks, so I won't be available to make anything during that time. I'll post in here when I'm back. Current orders will be sent in the next few days. Thanks, everyone!

3. WiseMenOfGotham

WiseMenOfGotham Well-Known Member

Here are some pictures of the one I just got: Olive Green leather, Brown Stitching...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. zissou

zissou Senior member

OK, I am back in town and can take orders again. Please keep in mind that there are several people waiting to place orders, so turn around time could be up to a couple weeks for a belt and a week of everything else.

5. zissou

zissou Senior member

Added card case 05, a new model.
    [​IMG]

6. JChance

JChance Senior member

Have you thought about using shell cordovan to make card case? (or is this Alden-exclusive?)

7. zissou

zissou Senior member

I've definitely thought of using shell cordovan, but I just haven't bought any yet. I tend to stay busy with current stuff, so I'm less likely to branch out. Maybe sometime soon...

8. zissou

zissou Senior member

I just updated the thread with a few more photos, especially a nice photo of the olive green.

9. zissou

zissou Senior member

I've made some slight adjustments to how I make the pocket on the backs of the card cases.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, I came up with a nice design for an eyeglasses case. It's available in two sizes- the smaller size works well for standard wire-rim eyeglasses and sunglasses, and the larger size works well for larger aviators, and some plastic-framed sunglasses. All cases are lined with red microsuede fabric.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Stillmaticbeat

Stillmaticbeat Senior member

ever contemplate making a bifold? that would excite me

11. zissou

zissou Senior member

Yeah, I have a design for a simple bifold in my head, but haven't had the time to try it out yet. Between all the places I sell stuff, I am literally never caught up.

12. Imhoff

Imhoff Senior member

Just stumbled across your thread here. Do you or have you made a simple card case that can hold three cards on one side and a general all-purpose slot on the other side with a cash slot in the middle?? Sorry, don't know how else to reall describe it.

If that is something you do, I would love that green with brown stitching. :slayer:

13. zissou

zissou Senior member

Hey... I don't currently make a card case with three compartments- sorry. I have a couple new designs in my head, and should have some time to work on them next month.

14. ceoceo

ceoceo Senior member

15. jobg

jobg Member

Hi Zissou, I've had your cardcase 01 for about two years now and I really like it. Though now, I would prefer something slimmer, I was looking at your cardcase 03 and I was wondering if there would be any chance you would offer it in shell cordovan one day.

16. zissou

zissou Senior member

Glad you like your 01 :) I'd love to offer shell, but I don't have any shell. It's somewhat hard to order in small quantities, and generally involves a good amount of cash. I'm a small timer, but I will see what I can do...

Last edited: Oct 26, 2012
  17. jacket

jacket Senior member

would love to see a bifold

EDIT: Does anyone know if I had a wallet made in natural, would it develop a patina just from being in my pocket? Similar question about the belt - do the belt loops prevent the leather under then from aging, or the underside of the belt for that matter?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  18. zissou

zissou Senior member

I have a bifold and trifold in the works. I might get them done before the holidays, depending on how busy I am...

In the meantime, I just added card case 06, which is 01, but vertical! Here's the one I made for myself.
    [​IMG]

19. antipathy

antipathy New Member

I've ordered a Shortie Keychain from this seller: great product and fast communication! Recommended seller.

Thanks Zissou.

20. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Natural wallet darkens pretty quickly from handling (with your hands). If you never take it out of your pocket ...

Natural belts darken more gradually ... mainly from being handled ... the parts that you hold as you put it on and take it off will darken more quickly. No chance of getting a "belt loop tan" on your natural belt.

It's contact with oils/dirt that darkens the leather, not exposure to sunshine or air.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.