• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zipper or Button Fly?

Which do you prefer on your raw/selvedge denim?

• Button Fly

Votes: 53 86.9%
  • Zipper Fly

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Ever since I've seen some of the photos of fades people have been getting from Flat Head jeans, I've been planning on making them my next purchase in the denim realm. However, after recently finding out that most of the cuts I am interested in are only available with a zipper fly, I'm now apprehensive to make the investment.

I had a pair of Nudie Slim Jims that had a zipper fly and I HATED them. I thought it gave the crotch a really strange look and ruined me forever on zipper flys.

That being said, this poll is just to see what you all prefer to have lining your crotch! A zipper or buttons!

Hyphener

Reaction score
Buttons definitely, but I appreciate zippers too when I get into an old pair after dealing with some very stiff (new) button fly jeans. It's so much simpler/easier! I also agree about the crotch look of a zipper, I think it can lead to some strange stretching because the zipper fabric is so different.

*#..

Reaction score
I never forget to zip my pants with a button fly :slayer:

Blacula

Reaction score
Buttons. I am not sure what it is but zippers hate ******.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
I used to be a zipper fly kind of guy, but now I prefer buttons. Also what steviecakes said.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nobody forgets to do a button fly after taking a piss. Also, few feelings are comparable to being able to yank at the button fly of my jeans and have all the buttons come undone at once like a boss.

:nodding:

oilpit

Reaction score
Getting laid while wearing a button fly is 36% more fun than getting laid with a zipper fly

FACT

Salad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Button's. I also wish more trousers came w/ buttons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads