1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Zipia (Korean / Japanese Fashion) Mass / Group Order Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by op2, Mar 25, 2007.

1. op2

op2 Well-Known Member

Nvm, website closed down.

2. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

is there any guarantee for receiving the merchandise?

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

There is a thread on sufu about that stuff. They did it and apparently the guy who organized it couldn't believe how bad the quality was. I mean, laughable quality. Not to mention that sizing is all over the place and rarely as described. The sufu thread has a lot of info on it, but none of it encouraging.

4. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

sufu? I emailed the op, I guess we'll be in touch.

5. no_pseudonym

no_pseudonym Well-Known Member

sufu? I emailed the op, I guess we'll be in touch.

supertalk.superfuture.com

6. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

http://supertalk.superfuture.com/sho...t=22750&page=3 "i honestly did not know what shitty quality was until i touched the products. they were genuinly shitty. the fabric was thin and rough. the entire garmet was flimsy, and there was loose threading everywhere. i didnt look at everyone's stuff, but of the things i had to open to refold, some was just flat out disgusting." "i mean they are stuffs that dont even make it to dongdaemoon which is like trendy flee market, so go figure" Just a warning.

7. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Well, I ordered 3 things, but I picked them very carefully based on material and close ups of the fabric. It's an experiment and either way, it's cheaper than a plane ticket! I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

8. sygyzy

sygyzy Well-Known Member

Well, I ordered 3 things, but I picked them very carefully based on material and close ups of the fabric. It's an experiment and either way, it's cheaper than a plane ticket! I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

I don't know where to begin.

9. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

I don't know where to begin.
    It can't be a huge dropoff from A/X. Also some of the people posting in the thread mentioned the stuff is about H&M quality, which isn't horrendous and probably about the same quality as A/X.

10. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Somebody mentioned Dong Dae-Mun, I've bought some of my favourite things from there. You just have to know what to look for. I have lots of experience dodging cheap asian clothes XD

11. as343

as343 Active Member

very interested... ill email shortly [​IMG] !

12. savage

savage Well-Known Member

A lot of the Korean Clothing I've encountered has been of very poor quality. Trends change with each season there it's not worth it for the masses to spend a lot of $$$ for somehting that will be out in a matter of months. And everyone follows the trends.. to a T - the young and the old! Think H&M but 1/4 the price and quality. Sure they look great, some of the stuff, but won't last long. Unless you spend the big $$$$.

Dong Dea Mun, is great.. the later you go there, the cheaper everything is! I went at 3:30am and the place was packed!!!

Another fav, for my wife was the Express Bus Terminal.

I could never find anything that I liked, did I mention Ilived there for 2 years?, so I never bought that much stuff, not to say I didn't try. The best place for me was Apkujon, the high-end shopping district.

13. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

A lot of the Korean Clothing I've encountered has been of very poor quality. Trends change with each season there it's not worth it for the masses to spend a lot of $$$ for somehting that will be out in a matter of months. And everyone follows the trends.. to a T - the young and the old! Think H&M but 1/4 the price and quality. Sure they look great, some of the stuff, but won't last long. Unless you spend the big $$$$. Dong Dea Mun, is great.. the later you go there, the cheaper everything is! I went at 3:30am and the place was packed!!! Another fav, for my wife was the Express Bus Terminal. I could never find anything that I liked, did I mention Ilived there for 2 years?, so I never bought that much stuff, not to say I didn't try. The best place for me was Apkujon, the high-end shopping district.
    Have you been to Myung-Dong? They're a bit more designer than DDM. Every time I visit Korea, I spend hundreds on clothing [​IMG] Did you shop at places like Noton Homme? First experience with them when my girlfriend bought matching shirts from them -_-". Good quality and some really great designs. I really wish they had an online store.

14. hollaforadolla

hollaforadolla Well-Known Member

i did the order for super future. honestly, its not even worth the effort / money from shipping. i did not know what shitty quality was until i saw some of these items. they came with weird odors (really plasticey smells), shoddy materials, and loose threading everywhere.

to say its comparable to hm quality is pretty much flat out wrong. ie: hm sweaters come with fleece on the inside during the appropriate seasons and are generally soft. some zipia sweaters are made of tshirt material (for 40 bucks?!) and dont even fit that well.

trying to find the right fit is a whole other story. they dont post accurate measurements on the site, and the pictures of the models are way photoshopped. it really looks alot better on them than in real life.

the people who i have talked to from my order are busily trying to unload their items. i would really suggest against doing a zipia order.

15. savage

savage Well-Known Member

Have you been to Myung-Dong? They're a bit more designer than DDM. Every time I visit Korea, I spend hundreds on clothing [​IMG]

Did you shop at places like Noton Homme? First experience with them when my girlfriend bought matching shirts from them -_-". Good quality and some really great designs. I really wish they had an online store.

Yeah been to Myung-dong. Good hang, but i don't think i ever bought anything there either. Where's Noton Homme? I may have been there but not known the name...

I did buy some stuff at Ewha Womens university shopping district... They have some nice kicks stores and stuff..

16. dizzhizz

dizzhizz Well-Known Member

Notton can be found at the local department stores but I don't recommend ANYTHING from their lineup - it's all crap along with the rest of the local brands.

17. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

Yeah been to Myung-dong. Good hang, but i don't think i ever bought anything there either. Where's Noton Homme? I may have been there but not known the name...

I did buy some stuff at Ewha Womens university shopping district... They have some nice kicks stores and stuff..

You can't order online, but you can browse their catalogue: check out their website: http://www.noton.co.kr/

18. Eason

Eason Well-Known Member

you guys are so hung up on quality... you're only young and frivolous once, buy things just b/c they look good ^^

19. gqreader239

gqreader239 Well-Known Member

http://leatherjacketsandjeans.blogspot.com/
    well it will look good after a couple of wearings. probably after that it will look just cheap and looking cheap is never in style.

20. riotshield

riotshield Well-Known Member

the pictures of the models are way photoshopped. it really looks alot better on them than in real life.
    I noticed that when browsing zipia. All the pictures have a fishbowl effect to make the models look taller and elongated (a dream of many Koreans, I can attest to).