• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zimmerli underwear

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you wash Zimmerli underwear so it doesn't get damaged? Does it need just cold water and drip dry, or are they fine to be washed like the cheap ****?

If anyone has been hesitating to buy them... I fully recommend anything they make.

jcusey

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You can wash it in warm or hot water, but don't dry it with heat -- line dry or air dry without heat only. Drying with heat will insure that it will die a premature death.

LARon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Violinist
If anyone has been hesitating to buy them... I fully recommend anything they make.

Why -- what's so great about them that warrants such a broad endorsement?

maxnharry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair and find them exceptionally comfortable. Recently spent some time in a very warm place and they really were better than the others that I had brought.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
I own a few of their undershirts. The fabric is great, and feels very nice going on. But I can't say that once I finish getting dressed and get on with my business, my day is punctuated by all that many "Good God, my undershirt feels great!" moments. American Apparel t's fit me well, and I can buy a drawer full for $20 or so. The zimmelis are definitely nicer and probably will last longer, but I'm not sure the marginal benefits ouweigh the significantly greater cost (or, for that matter, the aggravation of having to worry about whether you're sufficiently coddling your underwear through the laundry cycle). JMHO, of course.

Ivan Kipling

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
You dry-clean such things.

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d1...2144005230.jpg LabelKing . . . dry cleaned underwear? Not for me. May as well dry clean my socks.
If they can't be washed, I won't wear them. btw: I know . . . you dry clean your socks.
2143986075.jpg

housemaidsknee

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
American Apparel t's fit me well, and I can buy a drawer full for $20 or so.

Where/how can you get a drawer full of AA for $20?

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Costly unmentionables should be dry-cleaned.

Surely Zimmerli is more expensive than silk undergarments, which at least have the virture of being washed at home?

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LARon
Why -- what's so great about them that warrants such a broad endorsement?

I've tried a lot of different underwear, from the cheap stuff to the higher end, and Zimmerli feels incredible. It's so light and breathes very well. I don't think $50 is a lot for underwear... it's important and I could see this stuff lasting a long time.

I could compare it to the feeling of putting on a very well made shoe, or a wonderful MTM canvassed jacket. It's a ***** that it's so high maintenance, but whatever. I think it's worth it. I've never found splurging on every day items a big deal, but then again a lot of people are perfectly happy with $5 Tommy Hilfiger boxers so whatever.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What's Zimmerli made of? I always thought some blend of silk and cotton would be great for undergarments, especially shirts. I have an avon celli 70/30 silk/cotton t-shirt that I wear under a similar colored summer-weight cashmere sweater that feels absolutely wonderful on the skin. When I wear undershirts, I want them to feel as good as the 200s cotton they're in-between, and that's hard to find.

The other thing i was wondering about is if the V-neck is sufficiently deep. I have some v-neck undershirts that don't drop low enough so you can still see the undershirt when my top button is undone. It's very annoying, and it will soon be time to stock-up again. :p

dusty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What should you do if you accidentally poop in them?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads