• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zespa sneakers - Official discussion thread 2017

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I';ve always disliked the Achilles Low, which I find to look rather clunky, especially around the heel.  These have a much nicer (imo, of course) tapered toe.

Huh, interesting. I've always thought the Achilles had everyone beat in terms of having the sleekest design - at the heel and especially at the toe. I'll need to see what's up when I receive mine next Tuesday.

Btw, @LA Guy, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00B802TNW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh, interesting. I've always thought the Achilles had everyone beat in terms of having the sleekest design - at the heel and especially at the toe. I'll need to see what's up when I receive mine next Tuesday.
I always thought that the Achilles Low, particular in one color, looked sorta like blobs. I like the mid and highs more more. Of all the low tops I have, I wear my CPs the least, the tournaments excepted.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Fancy French Stan Smiths.
I bought these almost 2 years ago. I've also picked up a pair with the burgundy trim since then.

Compared against Achilles high. Both in size 44. Achilles are longer but narrower.

BTW, if you're a Kafka Patron Zespas are currently 99GBP after taking off VAT.
Non Patron price is 116GBP.
Shipping to USA in either case is 15GPB.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmmm. I don't think the Achilles look blobby at all. I think minimalist trainers like Epaulet's look blobby in comparison -- more Stan Smith-like.
The Zespas are completely ZP4s are different from the Epaulet trainers, which have a very rounded toe. The Older Wings+ Horns sneakers had a tapered toe and a wider forefoot, which fit me very well. To me, Achilles lows, which, imo, are excessively padded at the ankle compared to the rest of the shoe, are nearly orthopedic. I never wear my Achilles low. Wore them for one summer, and that was it.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Fancy French Stan Smiths.
I bought these almost 2 years ago. I've also picked up a pair with the burgundy trim since then.

Compared against Achilles high. Both in size 44. Achilles are longer but narrower.

BTW, if you're a Kafka Patron Zespas are currently 99GBP after taking off VAT.
Non Patron price is 116GBP.
Shipping to USA in either case is 15GPB.

I'm going to be that guy - what does the outsole of those Zespas measure, straight down the middle?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Zespas are 12 inches in freedom units.
CPs are about 12.5.

whorishconsumer

King Douche
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, Zespa's received and, as expected, they're too small.

I'll post some impressions later, as well as get them up on B&S, but in the meantime:

Selling a pair of Zsp4s in Off-White/Navy in Size 44. They were $150 shipped from Kafka, the base being ~$130. I'll sell them for $140 shipped US.

shortlefty

Reaction score
Any white zespa on sale? Supredenim is sold out on my size.

Looking for a size 41 since I'm 9 on the Braddock. Hopefully it will work out.

Common projects used to go for $200 consistently a few years back and now that it had gone mainstream, it's price to quality ratio is pretty bad compared to other companies like buttero and lanvin when on sale. Nice to find a brand that offers a similar style at a very affordable price.

click here

Reaction score

Common projects used to go for $200 consistently a few years back and now that it had gone mainstream, it's price to quality ratio is pretty bad compared to other companies like buttero and lanvin when on sale. Nice to find a brand that offers a similar style at a very affordable price.

Endclothing

Omega Man

Reaction score

Kafka has white, but unfortunately not in your size (i.e. 41). They have a number of off-whites as well.
How did you base your sizing on? If you are size 9 (US), would you be in 42 / 43 (according to End clothing)?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads