• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zelli Shoes: Decent or Total Crap?

ltontheqt

Reaction score
I saw a pair of Zelli brown suede split toe bluchers in a shop window the other day. I decided to go in and inspect. They looked fairly nice, but I recall Zelli as a catalog brand, and this gave me pause. Does anyone have experience with them? My search here yielded little information.

barkingloud78

Reaction score
Although they do mail order, they are not a catalog only brand. They are in a number of retail shops, I think smaller independents, I think a lot of golf pro shops, and of course online through their own website and several other authorized resellers. The key to this brand is value, it's a handmade Italian shoe at a very reasonable price. The exotics are an even better price overall. I see them getting a lot more attention these days so I think they are a good buy. The collection is vast, easy way to look at all the styles is through a breakdown of the shoes into categories like you'll see here, http://www.mensdesignershoe.com/zelli-shoes/cid-68-1.html. Worth taking a long look at.

goodall

Reaction score
I just received two pairs of Zelli from their own overstock bargains website. They are beautiful, well made shoes. On teh overstock site they are incredible buys but there are limited sizes. Hansen's clothing in Iowa which has a big online presecne also carries Zelli.

Last edited:

smogfarmgirl

Reaction score
They're really nice quality shoes, they're small, and don't advertise much, more of a word-of-mouth brand, so they offer at a less-expensive price. They have an exotic pair (croc I believe) almost exactly the same as a Ferragamo pair for around $1300 less...quality is the same, I believe the leather is even from the same tannery Ferragamo sources theirs. I second the poster recommending Hansen's Clothing as well...free shipping.

reidrothchild

Reaction score
Bumping this thread to see if anyone has anymore info on Zelli. They seem like an affordable alternative to some of the higher priced Italian makers, but I can't find any info on how they are constructed. I called the number on their website, and both people I spoke to seemed confused that I would even be asking about shoe construction, which I did not take as a good sign regarding their quality. They certainly don't appear to be Goodyear welted, and they seem too expensive to be straight glue jobs. So that leaves Blake stitched? I'd be ok with Blake, but would not pay what they're asking for a cemented shoe. Anyone know?

Terrell

Reaction score
I have been wearing Zelli's for 7 - 8 years, among others. Company who imports is located in Dallas. Very responsive and always does what they say. No problem with returns. Shoes (for me) have always run true to size. I always wait for the discount offers - if you get lucky you can definitely score some deals. I love shoes and am picky. Zelli carries a nice line of shoes (leans more toward the traditional - but that is what I prefer) and for my money, they are some of the better designed shoes out there. As said - best buys are with the discount offers. If you are patient, they will come to you. If you like suede - and you like a traditional cut - you've landed in the right place. I have never been disappointed and always taken care of. Terrell

Papadawg

Reaction score

I saw a pair of Zelli brown suede split toe bluchers in a shop window the other day. I decided to go in and inspect. They looked fairly nice, but I recall Zelli as a catalog brand, and this gave me pause. Does anyone have experience with them? My search here yielded little information.

Papadawg

Reaction score
I've known about this brand of shoes for over 10 years I've worn some of the highest quality Shoes in the business and Zelli Shoes by far rank with are above any brand I have ever worn. I'm a minister and I take pride in my dress I'm asked all the time where did I get my shoes and I always reply Oh these are Zelli's. U need to try this brand.

SEO-SEO

Reaction score
I have been buying Zelli shoes for 6 years, and have been happy with every order and find their products and service excellent..

Nine Miler

Reaction score
Why does everyone who has a comment about Zelli shoes have 1 post?

Just wondering.

Flake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Why does everyone who has a comment about Zelli shoes have 1 post?

Just wondering.

Yes, that is interesting. Usually a red flag for sock puppets. In any case, I have more than one post and a pair of Zelli shoes, so I will chime in. I have had mine for over a decade. They are Blake stitched, ostrich leg and peccary, and have held up fairly well. Last design is meh. Finish has always been a bit too shiny for me. It has a sort of glazed look. I got a matching belt at the time that did not hold up well, I would add.

OP:
If you are looking for similar exotic leathers and similar or better construction with betterexecution, Ii would recommend Gravati. on the other hand, if you have found one that you really like, and it fits you well, and you find the price reasonable, I would not tell you to pass.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads