Zeha-Berlin Shoes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by BigRedBike, Feb 7, 2010.

1. BigRedBike

BigRedBike Active Member

2. whatever123

whatever123 Senior member

yes, i like them and i am currently trying to figure out the first style i want to go with. its well made stuff. the story behind the company is even better. there is a place in nyc called jon ashe that carries a lot of their styles. i pick up a lot of my yuketen belts/wallets/misc holders there as well [​IMG]

3. Reginald Bartholomew

Reginald Bartholomew Senior member

I was wondering about this brand myself-some of their stuff looks fucking great. Anyone know how well made it is? Is it blake stitched, goodyear welted, etc? How good is the leather?

4. Reginald Bartholomew

I was wondering about this brand myself-some of their stuff looks fucking great. Anyone know how well made it is? Is it blake stitched, goodyear welted, etc? How good is the leather?

To answer my own questions: Blake-stitched, super comfy so far, leather is maybe too soft and prone to scuffing.

5. whatever123

it really makes no sense to welt a sneaker. some of there other styles might be though but i doubt it. from the research i have done is the shoes are constructed very well and they use excellent leathers. honestly i cant wait to get a pair.

6. Reginald Bartholomew

it really makes no sense to welt a sneaker. some of there other styles might be though but i doubt it. from the research i have done is the shoes are constructed very well and they use excellent leathers. i think they use a couple different factories, which is not really uncommon, but honestly i cant wait to get a pair.

Yeah, I was mostly thinking of their dress shoes and boots.

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

8. whatever123

http://www.lark.me/index.php?Section...nd=zeha-berlin

Lark, a nice space in Vancouver, carries some shoes by them. It's a small store with a small, but pretty well chosen, collection of clothing and accessories.

they do have a nice little collection. do you own a pair? if so, are you impressed with them? do they hold up well over time?

9. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

they do have a nice little collection. do you own a pair? if so, are you impressed with them? do they hold up well over time?

I don't own any. The truth is that I'm pretty set on a uniform, and I rarely wear anything other than sneakers or crepe soled boots. That was my first exposure to the brand, and they seemed nice and reasonably well constructed, and a well priced alternative to brands like ndc, with a less distressed feel, overall.

10. auggie

auggie Well-Known Member

I picked up a pair of their 4 eyed oxford's in September. I'd never heard of the brand, just figured what the hell. Around mid November the stitching around the ankle of the shoe began to unravel and the leather began to separate. I wore them probably 15-20 different occasions. I've tried to contact the company regarding the issue and have been completely ignored and the retailer basically told me to piss off. Anyway, I would never buy another pair of shoes from Zeha again...they are expensive pieces of shit from my experience.

11. whatever123

I picked up a pair of their 4 eyed oxford's in September. I'd never heard of the brand, just figured what the hell. Around mid November the stitching around the ankle of the shoe began to unravel and the leather began to separate. I wore them probably 15-20 different occasions. I've tried to contact the company regarding the issue and have been completely ignored and the retailer basically told me to piss off. Anyway, I would never buy another pair of shoes from Zeha again...they are expensive pieces of shit from my experience.

interesting. did you size correctly?

12. auggie

auggie Well-Known Member

Size was correct....the shoe fit perfectly and felt great at first. It could have just been a freak occurrence, but I've never had that happen before. Just a heads up.

13. slide

slide New Member

Hullo, I'm posting a pair of never worn, Zeha Berlin shoes, size 44, Grey Suede. Thought you might be interested. I love them a LOT, but I didn't order the right size (I'm a 10 US).

They are really great shoes, and if I ever get another chance to order the right size... :/

http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...10#post4261810
    [​IMG]

14. blindwillie

blindwillie New Member

Hi

It's been a while since this thread was left... has anyone had any experiences, good or bad, about the Zeha shoes in the meantime?

I've recently bought a pair of shoes from them, and though it's too late to do anything about now, I'd really like to know what to expect - hopefully others have had better experiences than auggie above :)

//Asger

15. Mossy

Mossy Senior member

I've been wearing a pair of their boots for the past 3-4 years with no problems so far. They don't get a ton of wear but they seem to be holding up well.