• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Zegna updated Seersucker blazer--can I wear it casually with bright pastels?

Farmgate

Reaction score
I need a lightweight summer jacket to wear casually, before and after dinner. I located a high end seersucker blazer and have tried it on in the store, and it feels like silk. The $1,500 price tag is a problem and I might have to go to cheaper alternatives. Here is the link:

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...734cat11940745

I was wondering if I can wear the updated seersucker by Zegna with some hipper, cool polo shirts, light pants and burgandy moccasins, and create a good look that is cool, but grounded in a traditional blazer?

Or is the seersucker terminally uncool, and the stuff of southern lawyers with white straw hats, and beyond relief?

The look I want is light modern jacket, casual, worn over sporty, colorful polo shirts.

Thanks for weighing in. I appreciate your candid opinion.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Farmgate

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...734cat11940745

I was wondering if I can wear the updated seersucker by Zegna with some hipper, cool polo shirts, light pants and burgandy moccasins, and create a good look that is cool, but grounded in a traditional blazer?

Personally I'd avoid the polo but otherwise around here you could. Could you? Hell if I know.

Icehawk

Reaction score
Not the biggest fan of SS and I don't think anyone else around here is but I did see a gent in a SS blazer recently and it did look quite sharp.

Our Saks outlet has probably 20+ of them on the rack, I think they are HBoss though so not that great although a hell of a lot less than $1,500.

MBreinin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seersucker is not uncool.

You can get a Polo SS sportcoat for a fraction of this Zegna and the cut is very similar.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
looks nice... wear it with anything from a black, blue, red, or grey tie... pants could be cream, white, red, etc... white shirt is probably best, but anyway here's some ideas. (not the colors more then just the specific pieces)

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 5 3.1%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 25 15.6%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 44 27.5%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 34 21.3%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 13 8.1%