• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna tropical? Fancy stripes v pinstriped

Ctkjjk

Reaction score
I am looking at getting a bespoke suit from Hong Kong TaI lot having a special on Zegna. I’m down to two choices because I live in Texas, either the Zegna traveler, or Zegna tropical. I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with the tropical fabrics. I am sure they are very lightweight, but do I lose the wrinkle resistance and durability of the traveler fabric?

Second question. I’m looking at the fabric swatches, obviously just online. The swatch with the fancy stripes looks great, those are the sewn in Zegna textures stripes in the fabric that are very subtle. But I don’t know that suit well. Trying to decide between that, which seems like a more versatile choice, and a pure pinstripe. Two samples below —- but I have no experience with the fancy stripes from Zegna Vs pinstripes!

in case anyone wonders, yes I’ve used this Taylor, the shop is in Hong Kong and I was measured there a couple years ago and when they toured Texas six months ago so I’m perfectly good. Great shop Raja Fashion‘s HK. 50% off so I am grabbing a Zegna!

Attachments

• 0636B95A-0CFE-4B03-9E58-CDAA944A9510.png
    0636B95A-0CFE-4B03-9E58-CDAA944A9510.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 42
  • 381EE8A2-8978-40FC-AC13-BC22E91A69D2.png
    381EE8A2-8978-40FC-AC13-BC22E91A69D2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 42

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics