• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna Trofeo suit from ebay...hopefully a good score

noVA99

Reaction score
here is a Zegna suit I scored off of ebay....$90 for a 'worn only once" Zegna Trofeo suit, seller will accept return if it doesnt work out for me....hopefully when it comes it will check out as described...good score?? There is a Zegna boutique near me, will they be able to "verify" it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220207918396

nsoltz

Reaction score
Suit is genuine. Appears to be about 10 years old based upon the label, button stance and gorge. While not a current Zegna style, it looks very much like today's BB Golden Fleece or even some Oxxford styles. I would personally have opted for something a little more contemporary in styling but for $90 it is a good buy, presuming that it is in great shape.

SuitingStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fist thing when I get the suit is check the collar, under the arm pits and the croutch of the pants for any signs of wear, I find it hard to believe it is only worn 1 time.

nsoltz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SuitingStyle
fist thing when I get the suit is check the collar, under the arm pits and the croutch of the pants for any signs of wear, I find it hard to believe it is only worn 1 time.

You mean that an eBay seller would say something that isn't true?

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Suit is genuine. Appears to be about 10 years old based upon the label, button stance and gorge.
The plain stitched label edge doesn't go back quite that far. And the gorge and buttoning position look fairly current to me.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The dual rear vents also make the suit seem more recent than vintage.

Good deal for $90. Enjoy the suit!

cvac

Reaction score
Possible problem with the suit:

Jacket is a 40 long, Pants have a 31 inseam. If you are tall enough for a "long" suit jacket, a 31 inseam might be too short for you. You could possible get a little more length in the pants if need be by uncuffing them (assumming they are cuffed)and wearing plain bottoms or maybe doing a "false" cuff if there is enough fabric to play around with.

Unless the suit was an altered return at a store and the seller could prove that to you, I'd be skeptical of the "worn only once" line.

Definitely inspect the suit thoroughly when you receive it.

noVA99

Reaction score
yeah I suspect the previous owner had no break in the trousers....I have a medium break in my pants and they come up as a 32.5 inseam, plain bottoms. I am not having these cuffed so 31" cuffed should come out ok when converted to plain bottoms...

well, we will see...I picked it up considering the seller told me that if it didnt work for me, he would honor a refund, so worse case is I send it back and get my money back but have no Zegna suit lol

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads