• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna Trofeo on eBay - Thoughts?

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
At the risk of someone else grabbing it
wink.gif

any thoughts on this suit:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=220286666520

The BIN seems about right but I'm not that experienced to know. Using the search here on SF it sounds like the Trofeo line is a premium line with great fabrics.

Sebastian

Reaction score
The price IMO seems to be a bit high for a used suit.

r_fine

Reaction score
I think Trofeo is the second line fabric - below 15milmil15.

On the BIN price: At the high end for a preworn IMO, although the suit looks in very good condition. I think I might try to push the seller a little bit.

kryn13

Reaction score
Definitely high priced. I've paid less for new Zegna suits.

johnny_flapjack

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure people have paid less for new Zegna, but probably not in a 50L in a pretty basic/neutral color or pattern. Maybe you can deal with the seller and get them to lower the BIN, then go through live.com to get the 25% cashback. A $400 BIN w/ 25% cashback might not be such a bad deal on a hard to find size.

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack
I'm sure people have paid less for new Zegna, but probably not in a 50L in a pretty basic/neutral color or pattern. Maybe you can deal with the seller and get them to lower the BIN, then go through live.com to get the 25% cashback. A $400 BIN w/ 25% cashback might not be such a bad deal on a hard to find size.

+1

It's high for a previously owned Zegna for sure. The style tag and logo indicate it's from many seasons ago.

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnny_flapjack

geat feedback everyone. I do have to say that the size is extremely hard to find in a quality italian suit. Most tend to be a very slim cut.

The sizes posted and the color made this a really interesting one fo rme. I'll contact the seller and see if he's willing to negotiate.

Thanks again for the feedback!

eHaberdasher

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
You may also wish to note that the inseam is only 30" which is extremely short for a 50L suit. While there appears to be at at least 3" in the cuff to let down, it is likely you would not be able to keep the cuff.

rnoldh

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The drop is also 10"! A 40" waist pant on a 50L suit. Ask him if the pants were let in or out and how much fabric remains.

And I agree that a 30" inseam seems short for the pants on a 50L suit. Does that work for you?

It seems like the only justification for the very high BIN price is the rare 50L size. Could another size ( with alterations ) like a 50R work for you?

NH_Clark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I saw that inseam measurement and would probably have to lose the cuff to get it to the right inseam size for me. The real attraction is the 22" shoulders and the chest size.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads