• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna Ties

SAFC FTM

Reaction score
I am getting married later in the year and will be wearing a navy Zegna Couture suit for my wedding.

As wedding gifts I am planning to give my best man and ushers a Zegna tie to wear. There will be 10 people in total wearing them including 6 ushers, father of the bride, best man and my fiancée two children. I will wear a Zegna tie which is different.

Can anyone recommend me anywhere with some good tie deals as due to financial restraints it may be difficult for me to buy 10 ties from Zegna direct.

I am open to other deals as well ie Brioni or Kiton if anyone knows of anywhere.

I am based in the UK so if the deal is not online it would need to be from a UK store.

Pawz

Reaction score
There will be 10 people in total wearing them including 6 ushers, father of the bride, best man and my fiancée two children. I will wear a Zegna tie which is different.

Seems like you want the others to be wearing identical ties. Fidnding Zegna ties for cheap is easy, but ten IDENTICAL ones? You'll have to buy from a retail store.

You can pray for a sale at Saks/Barney's and buy them out...

Or you can shop from Zegna.com under their Fall/Winter '12 collection: http://store.zegna.com/ZEGNA/search...n/secondary/tskay/B4ADC6EB/c/cat_993/gender/U

Not much of a discount, granted.

Last edited:

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd hit the outlets. Isn't there a Zegna outlet in the UK?

Of course if you want to gamble for the cost of one online tie from the Zegna website you could get a Ryanair ticket to Italy and try one of the Zegna outlet shops. Winter sales should still be on for a few more weeks.

SAFC FTM

Reaction score
Have found a few sites with some nice ties for £60 but inevitably there are only 2 or 3 of the same one!

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd hit the outlets. Isn't there a Zegna outlet in the UK?

Of course if you want to gamble for the cost of one online tie from the Zegna website you could get a Ryanair ticket to Italy and try one of the Zegna outlet shops. Winter sales should still be on for a few more weeks.

Not sure about the UK, but finding 10 identical Zegna ties at an outlet over here would be next to impossible.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have Sam Hober or Vanda make you 10 ties at half the price of Zegna, it will be much nicer ties as well problem solved.

This is definitely the best idea. The Vandas will be better quality than anything Zegna has to offer. I think Vanda ties are around £70 depending on the exchange rate. They may be able to offer you a discount for a large order. Highly recommend them.

www.vandafineclothing.com

SAFC FTM

Reaction score
Thanks will check it out.

There are definitely no Zegna outlets in UK I am aware of. And none in Las Vegas which I frequent regularly that I am aware of either so it's going to be tough to find them at say £70 each.

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's actually a Zegna outlet at Bicester Village nearish to Oxford. However, they stock a lot of crap that isn't even Zegna labelled (they have weird third-party labels). Last time I was there they only had about 5 different ties, none of them Zegna branded, and all of them of mediocre quality.

I think Vanda or Hober remain your best options.

E. G. Cappelli is another option, but I'm unsure whether they could make 10 ties of the same fabric, and their turnaround is wont to be sluggish, and their English may not be good enough for an important order like this; their prices start from €80 per tie; I think their website is www.patriziocappelli.it/catalog.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads