1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Zegna tie debacle

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by talitashaloma, Jul 4, 2012.

1. talitashaloma

talitashaloma Active Member

Hi all!

I'm new the forum and I have a problem with my Zegna tie. I was in my local Nordstrom Rack yesterday and stumbled on the the tie in the picture. It happened to be marked down with an alteration tag from $195 to a mere $20. Exiting, right? Wrong. I had my doubts on the authenticity of the tie after I purchased it as the strip of blue fabric on the bottom of the tie is alot thinner than my other Zegna ties. I didn't think much of it until I went into a regular Nordstrom today. I looked at the same exact tie on the salesfloor and the pattern on the tie I own is flipped! The one at retail has the blue and white stripes under the zig-zaging pattern.

Could it just be that the pattern was cut wrong or do you think I have a fake tie from Nordstrom Rack? There are alot of things like the price and the pattern that seem off to me. I also can't seem to find this design anywhere online. The picture uploaded is of the actual tie I own.

Thanks.

[​IMG]