• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Zegna Suit Purchase - Confused by ERZ on Inside Label

jwturner421

Reaction score
I was at Saks Off 5th today in Woodbury Commons and ran across a solid navy blue suit which I ended up purchasing. Based on prior research, as far as I can tell this is a genuine mainline suit, not the Z Zegna line. The inside label says Ermenegildo Zegna, but the ET CLI box says ERZ which is different from other examples I've seen posted here. I uploaded some pictures for review. Any help in figuring out exactly what I purchased would be appreciated.

Nicola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thats a horrible pic. All I can see is it's a Roma cut.

Recoil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tag looks similar to a Z Zegna tag in one of my sport coats, the big give away should be where it's made. Z is made, at least some pieces, in Mexico. While Mainline is Italy.

clintonf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jwturner421
I was at Saks Off 5th today in Woodbury Commons and ran across a solid navy blue suit which I ended up purchasing. Based on prior research, as far as I can tell this is a genuine mainline suit, not the Z Zegna line. The inside label says Ermenegildo Zegna, but the ET CLI box says ERZ which is different from other examples I've seen posted here. I uploaded some pictures for review. Any help in figuring out exactly what I purchased would be appreciated.
Hi, as far as I can recall, Z-Zegna and Ermenegildo Zegna are two different brands. Like Armani, if you have the full name mentioned, then I am 99.9% sure you will have a mainline product, not the diffusion line. Just by looking at the branding label, your suit is mainline. I think that the ERZ, just confirms this (I've got some jackets with ERZ and they are all mainline). So, I would say with some certainty that your suit is mainline. However, for a pretty accurate rule of thumb, always look for the branding "Ermenegildo Zegna" on the item if you want mainline Zegna stuff. I hope that this helps? Clint

drducky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LVoer
Tag looks similar to a Z Zegna tag in one of my sport coats, the big give away should be where it's made. Z is made, at least some pieces, in Mexico. While Mainline is Italy.

I think that most mainline is made in Switzerland now, where only couture is still made in italy

Reaction score
Your label is fine, it is a Roma model which is "mainline". The correct reference is "Sartoria Collection", which is comprised of the Milano and Roma canvased models. The Couture Collection is comprised of suits having extensive handwork.

jwturner421

Reaction score
Sorry about the pics, the iPhone camera is terrible for close up work.

I appreciate all the feedback. I was pretty sure it wasn't the Z line based on what I had read here previously. I had not planned to purchase the suit, but I understand it's unusual to find a solid navy blue suit at the outlets. Considering I'm going back home tomorrow to the Midwest, I jumped on it.

The Zegna outlet had mainline suits at half-off retail, basically $1,300. I figure that any price south of $800.00 ( I paid less than that) is a good deal on the suit.

butkusrules

Reaction score
I got the same suit and was wondering the same question regarding ERZ.

jasonsun

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jwturner421

How much did you got your suit for? I saw one for 999.

stylesmurf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's definitely mainline. Enjoy your purchase
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads