Zegna Su Misura shoes?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by PL92106, Dec 10, 2012.

1. PL92106

PL92106 Senior member

I was out and about and stumbled onto a pair of suede Zegna Su Misura chestnut captoes that I decided to pick up. Wanting to learn more about them, I naturally came here. I only found one ancient thread that mentioned this line: http://www.styleforum.net/t/41114/ermenegildo-zegna-blackish-patina-shoes.

Anyone have any information on the maker/story behind this shoe line? Not sure if it's the same "small artisan shop" mentioned in the previous thread, but the heel pattern looks very similar.

At first inspection/test wears on the carpet, they seem very well made. The box is labeled "Master Garment" and they don't seem to be EE width as stamped. I'm an 8.65D US and they fit like a 9D US.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks in advance for any of your knowledge!

2. othertravel

othertravel Senior member

Very cool. Possibly ferragamo? I'd be curious to know as well.

3. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Collaboration w/ Ferragamo under the name Zefer (zegna + ferragamo).

Last edited: Dec 10, 2012

4. PL92106

PL92106 Senior member

Thanks! Your info led me to this thread: http://www.styleforum.net/t/177803/a-comprehensive-guide-to-italian-shoes

Clarifying question if you know the answer. Are the Su Misura's made by Zefer generally on par with Tramezza/CXXX? Or are these possibly made by Renzo Tattini or similar if they are truly in the spirit of "Su Misura"? Might seem like an odd clarification, but one of those things I'll contemplate when disinterested in a meeting while trying to appear engaged.