1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Zegna Sport Coat. Is this "check" fabric in style?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Monopolisf, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Monopolisf

Monopolisf New Member

2. GBR

GBR Senior member

It is innocuous enough and probably not that out of style although it is second hand which might be given away by it appearing in your wardrobe. Expensive for second hand as well.

3. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

Totally agree, for a SC

4. hpreston

hpreston Senior member

http://asuitablewardrobe.dynend.com/2012/07/wear-your-blue-with-patterns.html

Not a bad looking SC at all. But, as others have said, pricy for a second hand SC, even if Zegna.

The price is about what you can find for a new Zegna SC on sale.

To compare, I bought two Zegna sport coats on the SF B&S board for less than $400 (total for both), and a recent model Oxxford cashmere sport coat on eBay for under $200.

5. chocsosa

chocsosa Senior member

I bought two brand new Zegna suits for around $500 each at the rack. Ive also seen Zegna sports coats routinely around $400-$600 NWT's at the rack and on ebay.

6. KObalto

KObalto Senior member

No measurements either.

7. saiyar1

saiyar1 Senior member

Agreed that it is pricey. FYI however, there are times that one finds the "perfect missing piece" to his wardrobe. If that's the case, sometimes you just go for it. It's your call though.

I really like the pattern and I think it is versatile and can be a more business cloth or casual. The way it fits will determine where it's appropriate to use. I would love that jacket in a slim, lightly shoulder padded version just a tad on the short side (~1/2") and waist suppressed. I would wear it casually even with denim, etc. Just my 2 cents.

8. Reevolving

Reevolving Senior member

The pattern does not look outdated to me.

You've been on SF for 4 years, and this is the first post? Wow.